Peanut Butter Syrup

billagirly

Mar 29, 2005
DFW, Texas
Visit site
Does anyone make a peanut butter flavored syrup? Any ideas why not (assuming the answer is no)? I have searched for it and haven't been able to find anything, but I'm not sure why - I think that peanut butter would go great in a mocha or with any of the nuttier syrups in a latte... ideas? Thoughts? Samples? :grin:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I had a peanut butter syrup from reeses pourable peanut butter that kicked butt!! Before the pourable stuff I used to use smooth peanut butter melt it down in the espresso and added banana syrup and steamed milk..the Elvis Latte...you know...the King of Lattes...sigh :oops: the sad thing is is sold! I will see if I can find the contact for that product

billagirly

Mar 29, 2005
DFW, Texas
Visit site
Oh, please do... I'm having cravings for peanut butter syrup, which I was beginning to think I invented in my head. Melting peanut butter sounds do-able though... did you use a double boiler?

ElPugDiablo

topher said:
I had a peanut butter syrup from reeses pourable peanut butter that kicked butt!! Before the pourable stuff I used to use smooth peanut butter melt it down in the espresso and added banana syrup and steamed milk..the Elvis Latte...you know...the King of Lattes...sigh :oops: the sad thing is is sold! I will see if I can find the contact for that product
You got espresso in my peanut butter....No, you got peanut butter in my espresso....No, you best pattern it before Starbucks get hold of it.

Baugo

Nov 24, 2006
Visit site
Topher wrote:
I had a peanut butter syrup from reeses pourable peanut butter that kicked butt!! Before the pourable stuff I used to use smooth peanut butter melt it down in the espresso and added banana syrup and steamed milk..the Elvis Latte...you know...the King of Lattes..
I guess you could say: "Espresso has left the building"

Jackson

Aug 22, 2006
Columbus, OH
Visit site
The best peanutbutter for mochas is ice cream topping. Here in Ohio, we call the peanutbutter mocha a "buckeye". The Reeses product that Topher is talking about is very good. It is a little thicker than Torani caramel sauce, but it can be dispensed with a squeeze bottle. The only downside of using PB is it can be difficult to blend in a drink, it tends to sink to the bottom of the drink.

billagirly

Mar 29, 2005
DFW, Texas
Visit site
Crazy4Coffee - I appreciate that link. I am looking for a sauce as opposed to a syrup, but it's good to know the syrup is out there - I hadn't even been able to find any of those. Thanks!