pick a spot

nickerdodle

Feb 21, 2004
kansas
Visit site
My husband and I are researching starting a shop
I would like to keep it in our community. There are a
few places available.
Would you choose a busy intersection, that has a Mc Donalds in the same lot, and has a thrift store, discount tool store, large grocerie, walmart, and small shops in area, not cute. not large store front could have on side though?
Or
a smaller building little more "cute" in a somewhat vacant strip mall some traffic?
or in downtown area that is being historicaly renovated with little traffic very cute?
We would want to cater mostly to 20-40's Having teen nights occasionally
We would carry drinks and deserts.
Or, do you have a guide how to choose a good location?

mudhouse

Feb 26, 2004
Visit site
There is a great book called "Espresso" that is a must read for any espressoprenuer!!! Also check out the "Bellisimo" web site for tons of great info. If you have any interrest in the Los Angeles area I am selling my shop across the street from CSUNorthridge (see my posting here). It is a successful drive-thru on a great street (50-70k cars/ day pass!). Call ARIE@818-312-2445. Good luck with your plans!

java_cat

Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
From what I have read your best bet is in an area that has a lot of traffic. With that said the downtown area sounds like it may have promise. Have you considered purchasing a location or are you just going to rent? If purchasing you may be able to get into the downtown area and become part of the “renovation.â€

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hi Nickerdodle:

You've actually answered your own question, Would you choose a busy intersection, that has a Mc Donalds in the same lot, and has a thrift store, discount tool store, large grocerie, walmart, and small shops in area, not cute. not large store front could have on side though?

The name of the game is traffic when it comes to a drive thru location. As long as you are on the correct side of the street for morning business and have the ability to stack cars with easy in and out. About 80-90% of your business in the morning depends on this. Also once you've had the opportunity to make it work, you can always look for a second location. First things first. Get the high traffic location.

Email me if I can assist you with getting things started.

G

information regarding opening a drive-thru business

If you are interested in opening an espresso drive-thru business, you will first need to research your market. Informational guides are available at www.e-importz.com

Our informational guides cover a number of topics. They were designed to assist you throughout the research stage. They also present powerfull successful methods. Please click on the links below for more info.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-Imports Drive-Thru Start-Up Guide

Searching for information regarding opening an espresso drive-thru business? "E-Imports Drive-Thru Start-Up Guide" is the first practical guide designed for achieving extraordinary success.

Composed from many reliable sources, including the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA), our valuable "Drive-Thru Start-Up Guide" contains powerful successful techniques revealing the steps and strategies for charting an unconventional path to success.

http://www.e-importz.com/E-Imports_Driv ... _Guide.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Successful Drive-Thru Operations Guide

Is there a secret to sustaining prosperity in today's competitive business environment? The answer is Yes; Ongoing organizational improvement.

If you are in the start-up phase, or need to make dramatic improvements in productivity, quality, marketing, planning and customer service and satisfaction; than our Successful Drive-Thru Operations Guide is the perfect source for you.

http://www.e-importz.com/Successful_Dri ... _Guide.htm