Please Recommend Ground Coffee

Ross101

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
I know very little about ground coffee. There are a bazillion different kinds at the supermarket and I don’t know where to begin. All I know is fastfood restaurant coffee like Burger King tastes great to me. So if someone can recommend a ground coffee I would really appreciate it, thanks.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Ross101

Are you asking for a recommendation for ground coffee that's in a can? Or are you asking for a recommendation for the coffee beans that you can buy at the supermarket and grind them there before taking them home?

Instead of getting your coffee at the supermarket, (where it has been sitting on the shelf for many weeks), please think about going to a local coffee shop (or maybe even your local Starbucks) and purchasing your ground coffee there. They could help you select a coffee bean that you may like. Also, just tell them what kind of coffee maker you have, and they will grind the beans for you.

That way, your coffee will be much fresher than you'd ever get in a supermarket. However, if you feel that you must have your coffee from a can....stick with the name brands and you'll have a better chance of finding something you may like.

Good luck.

Rose

MontanaJavaLover

Apr 17, 2008
Montana
Visit site
If you go to Costco, you can get a pretty decent selection of both coffee beans and ground coffee that is both organic, and says it is fair trade. For the non-con this is a good place to start.

Though, I have been forced at work to drink some of the new Folgers Blends, I have to admit, they have come a long way for the crap they passed off as coffee in the past...so in a pinch...the new Folgers Columbian, French Roast and Black Silk are the new ones I have seen at work.

I have not tried them all, so can not totally speak to their quality. The Black Silk is what I tasted and it was OK for a supermarket coffee.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
There is no good "pre-ground" coffee.

If you like fast food coffee, I cringe. It really doesn't matter what you use, or how long you wait, or when you grind, etc. It's just bad coffee, and they are all the same.

Please give something better a try. You will be amazed by the difference.
Buy whole bean from a local roaster or find a quality roaster and order online. Starbucks and those who use stale, over roasted beans I would not consider as an option.

Grind fresh before brewing.

cafekili

Jul 9, 2008
Tampa
Visit site
@ Ross101,
Like John P suggested, once coffee beans are ground the quality deteriorates pretty quickly. Your best option is to order whole beans and grind them at home (there are cheap, good grinders available online) Hope this helps.