Please review my new menu.

ShawnHawaii

Dec 14, 2004
Honolulu, Hawaii
Visit site
Hi bellow is my new menu for my coffee kiosk. Please tell me what you think of the prices and selection.

Thanks!
Shawn C.
Owner Hawaiian Coffee Classics

[u]Hot Drinks Menu[/u]

Café Latte 1.95 2.50 2.75
Espresso with hot steamed milk, some foam.
Vanilla Latte 2.25 2.75 3.00
Caramel Latte 2.25 2.75 3.00
Mocha 2.25 2.75 3.00
Espresso with hot steamed milk chocolate and whip cream.
Mocha Bianca White Chocolate Mocha 2.35 2.85 3.25
Raspberry Mocha (or any other flavor) 2.35 2.85 3.25
Thai 2.35 2.85 3.25
Espresso, cold milk, condensed milk and whip cream.
Italian Style Real Cappuccino 1.75 2.50
Espresso with hot, mostly foamy milk. Please sweeten to your taste.
Espresso Sgl. 1.00 1.50
Strong, black, “real tasteâ€

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
If you don’t know what it is, you don’t want it. J ??

Espresso diluted with hot water
An Espresso in a coffee cup filled with hot water might sound better than diluted

ShawnHawaii

Dec 14, 2004
Honolulu, Hawaii
Visit site
Thanks for the input so far. What do you think of the prices? Do you think I should have exclusive trademark coffee drinks? Or is the keep it simple thinking of only 14 types of drinks better?

Topher:
I have taken out the "if you dont know what it is, you dont want it :)" and also changed the americano to "Espresso in a cup filled with hot water" Thanks!

BaristaTrainer:
Its Thai, Espresso with condensed milk and regular milk.(a mocha with condensed milk instead of chocolate) Maybe its a island thing?

TINA

Jan 7, 2005
Visit site
Your prices are very low, and your menu is confusing. Simpiify....
Espresso Dopio solo
Americano
Espresso Con Panna
Machiato
Red Eye
Breve
Latte

extra shots add 50 cents
extra flavors add 50 cents

research & have fun

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Prices seem in line to me...that is if you are selling 8 oz. 12 oz and 16 oz. signiture drinks are good for a daily menu...something you can change.

ShawnHawaii

Dec 14, 2004
Honolulu, Hawaii
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for the comments. Prices are for 12oz, 16oz and 20oz cups.

As for the signature drinks I am thinking of having my own types of drinks that the other "big chains" dont have permenently on the menu.

The profit on each drink is about $1.00 or less. Do you think I should raise all the prices up by $1.00?

My main question is.
Lower price = more customers/ better value /less profit. OR
Higher price = less cusotmers / higher market / more profit.

Some have told me if I have low prices I will cheapen my market, while others have said low prices will get me more customers.

OR does it not matter? if I raise the prices all by $1.00 I will still be cheaper then "bigbucks" but may not be as affordable for the daily walk by customer?

BaristaExpress

Dec 21, 2004
Visit site
Shawn, please do yourself a favor. Don't use any cup over 16oz for any coffee drink (speciality drink that is) because all your doing is watering the coffee down, unless you tell the customer to at least make it a double shot for that 20oz cup. You'd be better off using the 8oz, 12oz, 16oz for all speciality coffee drinks hot/iced, then larger for any smoothie type drinks.

Daniel.

ShawnHawaii

Dec 14, 2004
Honolulu, Hawaii
Visit site
Thank you all for your input.

Currently my customers dont ask how many shots, they just say the size. Reg, Med or Large. Sometimes we ask them single, or double. But most just say large, or med. Currently its a single shot for a 12oz and a double shot for a 16oz and a double tall(or triple) for a 20oz.

I think I will keep my current prices, which are ok. For a latte its 2.95, 3.50 and 3.75. Compared to "bigbucks" here its still .50 to .75 cheaper.

Quality of the drinks are good and I have won many customers over from "bigbucks". I think maybe a little bit of marketing will be key.

Thanks again for your suggestions. If you have anymore please let me know.

How many items SHOULD be on a menu?(more then 20 or less then 20) and Should there be a seperate HOT and ICED section? Or just a note saying "hot or iced"?

janie1963

Mar 8, 2004
Visit site
My prices are slightly higher than yours-just raised them a bit and have never had a complaint about prices. It's been my experience, although still a bit new to the business, that people aren't too concerned with the price of specialty coffee-as long as the quality is superb. Customer service goes a long way, as well. I offer 12oz, 16oz, 20oz and 24oz sizes...people (others in the business, not customers) have recommended I get rid of the 24 oz, but my customers love them and we sell more of the 24oz drinks all the time. I do, however cringe a bit when the customer wants only 2 shots in it, but I know that these customers are looking for the hot sweet drink and not necessarily the coffee. We have more who want extra shots in the smaller drinks, so there is a balance somewhere.

CoffeeBlends

Jan 20, 2005
NEBRASKA
Visit site
Watering it down?

Isn't that interesting.
At our shop we automatically up the amount of shots due to size, our 16 oz. has 2 shots, 20 oz. 3 shots.
Do you do less than this or do u add more?
Or we are all just really wired around here!

BaristaExpress

Dec 21, 2004
Visit site
Watering it down?

Wow CoffeBlends, You're a one in a million shop owner for your insight about how many shots to put into what size cup. But have you adjusted your prices accordingly to make sure your making a profit or are you just breaking even on the specialty coffee drinks (iced/hot)? Oh, and before I forget what is your average grams per pull (6.5? 7.0? 7.5? maybe even 8.0?) what are they? Yeah, I see the light going on...... I know you know what I'm talking about... it's how many pulls/shots are you geting out of every pound of coffee ground.

Way to go CoffeeBlends for your insight. Your truely a unique shop owner!
A dying breed in this industry!

Signed,
Daniel.