Pls comment on Kicking Horse Coffee

Backbone

Apr 10, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Canadian label? They have different roasts such as Kick Ass, Bear Paw, etc. However, their website gives no details on flavor, aroma, etc. Their label basically conveys whether it is dark or light.

Thanks for your input.

BaristaTrainer

Oct 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Visit site
I had the pleasure of meeting Leo and Chris, the owners when they came thru a week of training at the American Barista Coffee School. They are both great guys and are very dedicated and passionate about their craft.

I'd recommend calling them and ordering a sample.

- Matt

friedcoffee

Jan 12, 2016
India
Visit site
As the brand name is unique, there blends are also unique. It's a Canadian company that started as a home based business back in 1996 and maintaining the quality was the founders first preference. It led them grew to a level that is now well known all over the coffee lovers. Kicking Horse now has 13 blends, and each with a dedicated taste. Most popular are Kick ass, three sisters and 454 Horse Power.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I love the passion for marketing. Coffee, in fact, CAN be fun!!! One of my favorites is Raven's Brew. They use very unique names for their blends as well; Resurrection Blend for their morning coffee, Three Peckered Billy Goat for their most potent blend, and they have a tag line for the Kopi Lewak (aka civet coffee) "Good to the last dropping". Cheers for all the genius that goes into making specialty coffee a singularly unique endulgement!

Peaberry

friedcoffee

Jan 12, 2016
India
Visit site
I love the passion for marketing. Coffee, in fact, CAN be fun!!! One of my favorites is Raven's Brew. They use very unique names for their blends as well; Resurrection Blend for their morning coffee, Three Peckered Billy Goat for their most potent blend, and they have a tag line for the Kopi Lewak (aka civet coffee) "Good to the last dropping". Cheers for all the genius that goes into making specialty coffee a singularly unique endulgement!

Peaberry
I guess name is the first important thing to catch the customers...as this is the something that comes into the eyes...

sjmyst

Oct 26, 2015
Allen, Texas
Visit site
Hi,

I have written articles for my coffee bean web site that talk about several of the Kicking Horse products. Here are some of the qualities for each:

Kick Ass
- Dark roast
- Light "chocolately" cupping notes
- High caffeine content (obviously, hence the name)
- Bean are "oily" (but, many say, in a good way)
- Beans from Indonesia and Central America

454 Horse Power
- Dark roast
- Beans from Indonesia
- Decent amount of caffeine, but not overwhelming
- Low acid

Three Sisters
- Medium roast (some consider this towards the dark side of medium)
- Beans from Indonesia, Central and South America
- Slight cocoa notes tasted by some.
- Low to medium (more towards the low side) acidity
- Good caffeine kick

All Kicking Horse coffee beans also claim:
- Fair Trade
- Organically grown
- Shade grown

If you are interested in the other Kicking Horse roasts, I haven't had a chance to research them yet. But, I agree with what other posts have said about their great marketing. I especially love names like:

- Kick Ass
- Smart Ass
- Half Ass

I hope this helps!

Regards,
sjmyst

SKesler

Aug 16, 2016
Illinois
Visit site
Kicking Horse often times makes it to the very top of my list. They originated in Canada and produce some of the best tasting blends I've ever had. I often feature them on my website, I very much recommend them!

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
SKesler, meet sjmyst. He is doing the same thing you are attempting to do, and has a very impressive affiliate marketing website you might want to check out.