Portable Coffee Brewing Mug - What do you think?

EpiProd

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey Everyone!

It's great to be a part of the forum. A lot of really great sharing and info.

I wanted to let you know that we have designed a portable coffee brewing mug, soon to be launched on Indiegogo. I really wanted to source your feedback and what you think about our mug.

Here is a link to a video about our device: https://youtu.be/A3cS3tMjy14

We will be launching in about a month. This is not the goal of this post, but if you like the idea, we are giving away 30% off the Indiegogo price here: http://www.thejoltcoffee.com

Looking forward to what everyone thinks!

Thanks in advance for your feedback. It is really invaluable, we are 5 guys scrapping this out of our basements, and we are really trying to make this something people could benefit from.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Just checked the youtube and also your website (nice website!), but I could not find the price of your jolt. so when you say 30% off, off of what pricing? and exactly when you are planning to deliver?

as for a lot of new products (i used to work for electronic manufacturing company for over 20 years), when new products come out, there might be a lot of problems, basically reliability and so forth. so, do you offer some sort of return warranty?

most of my customers travel with aeropress which is very simple to operate, VERY durable and light. and as for hot water, it is rather easy to get wherever you are (except some small micro lot farm in top of a mountain in Huehuetenango. There, you better not use your own aeropress in front of the farm people and just accept whatever coffee the farm owners offer you....)

Mainly, a lot of electronic / electric gadgets coming out of Indiegogo which is A LOT..., not many stays around for a long time and people always goes back to their most trusted devices, such as aeropress, V60, Frech press..etc due to High pricing, reliability, warranty, weight of the unit, portability...etc

You have an interesting coffee mug device, but time will tell.....
anyway, good luck to you.
Alex from Ensoluna S.A.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I just forgot to ask you one more.
in your website, it says that within 10 min, we will get "french press" like quality great coffee brewed.
however, i believe this has automatic set time brew which means you can not control "steep" time depends on what type of grind or coffee you want to brew....unlike the real french press or aeropress...
so, is it basically Keurig type of coffee portable machine?

EpiProd

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

Thank you for your feedback.

Ensoluna, yes, we have noticed that a lot of devices coming from crowdfunding tend to be transient. We hope to build something that will last. The idea of the device came about working at a library and hoping for a brew right there. This can be applied to anywhere, an office, while driving/commuting. No long waits in line!

In terms of the reliability, this is something we are working on as well. Before the product comes to your hands, we will have undergone hundreds if not thousands of hours of testing. This is one of the things we are hoping to raise funds for.

We've modeled the brewing mechanism after french press, yes. The idea is that we make it portable (by allowing you to heat/boil water on the go) and deliver an eco-friendly packet that allows for easy cleanup, which is one of the issues with french press (and many other brewing mechanisms). We do allow you to fill the packets with your own grinds adding to customizability (or you can use pre filled ones if you are in a hurry).

In terms of the pricing we are still working on this. Right now the battery technology for this sort of application in this form factor is very new, so we expect it to come down. With the 30% we are offering the target price would come to about $55 (again, this is still being worked out). This, of course, is much less expensive then most single serve stationary machines, but yes, more expensive then say a French Press or AeroPress alone. We definitively want to make this accessible to everyone, the student in the library, or a coffee aficionado on the road while the best crop.

Pinkrose, yes, one would have to remember to recharge the device. But, we will have a wall cord come with the device, so if you are out of battery (or even want to forgo the battery) you would be able to brew anyway, just as long as you have an outlet nearby!

Looking forward to what everyone thinks! Thank you again for the feedback, it is very helpful!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
thanks for your comments.
No matter what happens, I just would like to wish you a lot of luck and a lot of hard-work, persistence and determination on your project.
At least you are doing something to achieve your dream and that is way more than most of people.
Again, thanks for your detailed posting.
Alex from Ensoluna S.A.

EpiProd

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
thanks for your comments.
No matter what happens, I just would like to wish you a lot of luck and a lot of hard-work, persistence and determination on your project.
At least you are doing something to achieve your dream and that is way more than most of people.
Again, thanks for your detailed posting.
Alex from Ensoluna S.A.

Thank you very much for your kind words! It has been very rewarding for us to go from an idea into something that you can hold and something that does 'something'. Hopefully it will make people lives better. That is definitively the goal.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea how big the market would be for a portable coffee brewing mug, but I would imagine that it is small. Wish you lots of luck though.

Peaberry