portable coffee makers for camping etc

JoannyCars

Feb 13, 2021
Visit site
Frankly speaking we often camp and I never thought that it is possible to take a coffeemaker with us. Honestly, it is not portable, but we could find a place for it in our trailer. This month we decided to go to the beach with our friends and camp there. We haven't caught waves for a long time, and it seems the time has come. I recently came across an article about surfing on outdoorlifecafe.com and wanted to get back on the board. I thought that it would be a perfect idea to make such a trip and have a rest. For this time we will definitely take our coffee machine with us.
Thank you for response. My friend was just looking for this information.

samutera

May 3, 2021
Visit site
I also agree with ourcoffeebean. I've done a ton of backpacking and canoe camping during my lifetime and I finally settled on something that works very well for me. I have a GSI Personal Java Press french press. It's made of thick plastic so it won't break. It's about 20 oz. in size so it will make two small cups of coffee or one large cup. And I drink it in a Snow Peak double wall titanium mug with a cover for sipping to keep it hot. As for my process, I don't bring a grinder with me. That's just too much trouble. So I pre-grind the beans with my grinder to get the best grind size before I leave for the trip and put enough for one container of coffee in separate zip lock bags for as many servings as I think I'll need. While the beans will not be freshly ground, it's a perfectly good cup of coffee for the great outdoors. If I wasn't the only one drinking coffee as I typically am, I would get a bigger one, either the 30 oz. or 50 oz. It's easy enough to clean. Just dump the grinds into the fire and rinse with filtered water.

https://gsioutdoors.com/personal-javapress-blue.html

https://www.rei.com/product/876106/snow-peak-titanium-double-wall-450-mug

Thanks i bought them and they are great