portable pot?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Tom,

Welcome to the coffee forums. There have been many postings on this forum about options for making coffee as you travel. If you look up at the right corner of your screen, you'll see a search button. You can do a search for whatever topic that interests you, and you'll find lots of information.

I thought most hotels now-a-days have small coffeemakers in the rooms. It seems like it would be a big pain to pack a coffeemaker in your suitcase. It sounds like you like drip coffee makers. Maybe one of the smaller cup-at-a-time coffee makers would be easier to pack because you wouldn't have to wory about the glass pot breaking in your suitcase. Here is a link to one that I've used before, but as I said, I think it would be too big to pack in a suitcase. It would take up the space equivalent to a hefty pair of men's shoes.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-DCM7 ... 405&sr=8-2

Rose

Tom

May 5, 2006
Texas
Visit site
Rose:

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion. It looks like a possibility, except I'd like one that makes more than one cup. Got to have a minimum of 3 to get both eyes open!

Actually, I went out today and found this one at Target

http://www.target.com/Black-Decker-Prog ... B000UWC4SY

Really small, like hotel coffee pots, but with a metal carafe. I haven't tried it yet, but it certainly seems right. We'll find out in the morning.

Tom in Texas

Tom

May 5, 2006
Texas
Visit site
Yes, I tried it. Nice. Fast. Just right to stick in a suitcase. Up to now I've used a Norelco Briskbrew, a mini one cup outfit, that has served me well. But one tiny cup at a time early in the morning is...well, just too much work! I really like this little Black & Decker.

Think I'll hang around the forum a bit. I need to become coffee literate. I'm a coffee ignoramus.

Tom in Texas

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Hi Tom in Texas. That is a fine 5 cup brewer you listed here and I might trade in my one cup brewer for one of these. The thing I like about my one cup though, is there's no heating element to remember to turn off. It just brews a cup then clicks off & I'm out the door. Does the one you listed have a heating element to keep the coffee hot?

So, thanks for your post. Don't wait two years for your next visit here. If you like talking coffee, this is THE place to be doing it.

A belated welcome.... well, if I was here three years ago, I would have said:
Welcome to Coffeeforums to Tom in Texas from Ed in Massachusetts!

keith900

Jan 18, 2009
Visit site
For travel and the office I've been using an aeropress, which does about one cup at a time... fits in a suitcase, great extraction and very easy to clean, which makes a big difference. French presses are good for travel, too.