Portofino/Del-2

johnaznman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello Coffee Experts!
To begin, I would like to know as much as I can about my 5 year owned Portofino/Del-2 Full sized espresso machine.
Here is a link for product info.
http://www.rosito-bisani.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=29

My mom has used this for her small convenient store in a company building lobby, however our customers just seem to not like espresso enough to buy it (They say our regular coffee is fine enough and is not willing to spend more money for espresso). Therefore we are trying to find a way to sell it (yes I'm not selling it here in this post since it is against the rules).

However I would like to know as much as I can about this espresso machine.
1) Will this be attractive to people who would like to use it for personal use?
2) What would be the reasonable price to sell it used? (used five years but rarely used since costumers never buy espresso) (unit price is 8890 dollars but we are willing to make it cheap enough to sell it.)
If you were going to buy something like this, how high will you pay?
3) What special option or aspect of this machine you find most or least appealing?
4) Would this sell on craigslist? If not what would be the best way to sell it?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for your time in reading it and any help will be greatly appreciated!
I am thinking of selling it for around 5000 dollars. But then again, I have to find a buyer. :(

Sincerely,
John

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Nice machine... what grinder is it paired with? How fresh are the beans being used with it? Has anyone (you or your mom) stopped to think that maybe the taste of the espresso is the reason for nobody caring to pay a bit more for it? Rethink what is being done and maximize what the machine has to offer so people come there primarily for the espresso, etc. and not just treat it as an afterthought.

You/she could expand the menu to offer some basic espresso based specialty drinks since the equipment is already there. I don't think you will get anywhere close to $5,000 for it just because there are so many offerings out there. Same with homes, cars, etc... buyers don't want to pay a decent price because they don't have to...