POS (or just register?) Suggestions & Insight Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

chip

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
We use Point of Success POS

We like it a lot. It's fairly inexpensive and works great. You can grow with it too. We've added some functions, scheduler, time clock, etc. and have a 5 user system with a kitchen printer too. They have a gift card program and support tips with credit cards through Mercury Payment Systems (whom we also like. I've really hated a few other credit card processors.

tletourneau

Sep 9, 2008
MN
Visit site
We use RetailICE. It was designed for retail/clothing stores but has worked well for us. They have gift/loyalty card and the cc processor is easy to use. Also the software is free for one system.

tlowing

Jan 19, 2008
Cocoa Beach, FL
Visit site
After a bunch or research I've decided to use a Samsung (Sam4S) ER-5200M cash register for around $500. 117 programmable keys. It has an available integrated card reader but it's rather expensive.

Sam4s%20ER-5200M.gif

kcooley

Sep 20, 2008
Richmon, TX
Visit site
Restaurant Pro Express

Check out restaurant pro express made by PC America. I opened about 3 weeks ago and have loved this system. It was very inexpensive and customizable. You can buy an entire system at hcditrading.com; computer, touch screen or regular monitor, cc swipe, receipt printer... everything for a very good price. I would HIGHLY recommend before buying a regular cash register.

By the way, they have a free download at pcamerica.com, if you want to try before you buy. I think I paid a little over 2k for two terminals (including everything I needed) and tech support for 90 days.

JRCoffee

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been doing POS, large and small, for twenty year. To me the very best is Microsoft RMS, hands down. You can customize it and it is infinitely scalable. This is not an ad.
-Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.