POS (point of sale) systems-any recommendations out there?

fcc

Dec 8, 2005
Visit site
I am considering investing in a POS system. Coffee Shop Manager looks good, but wow, is it expensive! Anyone else have any experiences, good or bad, with other systems? I am also interested in one that may support a webcam for security. Thanks in advance for any info.

BrowenHarley

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
POS is a one type of hardware operating system they provide the system of external touch terminal. This system provide many product list by rating and give point of hardware equipment and supplies. Point of sale system is a one type of information system it is used to gathering and applying the information in the market. Each pos system is very different to the other system it have also huge productivity of your business.

Collin.Hodges

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi fcc,

I would recommend ehopper.com, currently using it. This free POS software with a feature set that rivals expensive systems. What is covered: inventory, orders management, payments split, tips management, simple & understandable reporting. Hardware is optional. 24x7 technical support. I am happy for now.

aroaster83

Dec 30, 2012
Portland, OR
Visit site
I've used Square for 5 years for farmers markets, invoicing, and in-store sales. I would not switch if someone paid me to. Do avoid the Bank offered merchant services as they are obsolete, ship with craptastic machines, and can be costly. There are a plethora of mobile-friendly, systems out there that utilize a tablet or even a phone.

Bemacash

Apr 14, 2016
Houston, TX
Visit site
I've used Square for 5 years for farmers markets, invoicing, and in-store sales. I would not switch if someone paid me to. Do avoid the Bank offered merchant services as they are obsolete, ship with craptastic machines, and can be costly. There are a plethora of mobile-friendly, systems out there that utilize a tablet or even a phone.

Square is a good system! I know many that use it, the problem is it can be very expensive. 2.75% processing fees are kind of high especially if you're a small business. Bemacash can work on your own android tablet, it's worth comparing the two, and since you can use the processor of your choice, you can get way below that processing and get competitive rates.

miss_benson

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi fcc,

I looked through a lot to find POS solution for my coffee shop and
finally choose eHopper - https://ehopper.com/coffee-shop-pos/. It includes all the needed features such as inventory, report, sales tax, customer and employee management. Also, it’s easy to use and has cool interface. You can try it for free.

Last edited:

andycarrcleaner

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
It really depends on the size of your cafe. If it's not big even Square will do. If it's big enough you can try Smart pos system pos-ne.com (I use it for 2 years, it's great)
Also You can try one of iPad-based systems, like Shopify.