Pour Over Coffee ! ! !

danielgilbert828

Dec 11, 2020
Visit site
I recently discovered the pour over coffee brewing method and will never go back to keurig again! I got the "8 cup" (32 oz) bodum pour over coffee brewer. For kettle i have the Oxo 32oz (1 liter) electric kettle. And i've been using my favorite coffee: cafe bustelo espresso ground. So far so good!. I've got some black rifle coffee on order from amazon so we will see how that goes.

130263355_3118887681727118_2339206109413183327_o.jpg

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I've always liked climbing trees. Getting a little old for that now though.

I know what you mean. I used to like the view from way up high beyond the rooftops.
If you go too far out on a limb, it's liable to snap off, and the thump when you hit the ground would certainly hurt more now than it would have many years ago.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
Keurig is greatly improved by using 6 oz of water (standard single cup of coffee) per K-cup. Want a full 12 oz mug, make it twice.

At the proper strength, and a good brand of coffee, Keurig is not terrible, maybe even good.

I am being serious. I hear you groaning out there. 6 oz maximum for each K-cup, and get good coffee. It is quick and very good. Very good when you value quick not fiddly.

I use a Keurig to brew that first cup in the morning, which I use to fuel doing my pour over for the second and third cup.

Last edited:

GeoM

Jan 23, 2022
Pa
Visit site
I recently discovered the pour over coffee brewing method and will never go back to keurig again! I got the "8 cup" (32 oz) bodum pour over coffee brewer. For kettle i have the Oxo 32oz (1 liter) electric kettle. And i've been using my favorite coffee: cafe bustelo espresso ground. So far so good!. I've got some black rifle coffee on order from amazon so we will see how that goes.

View attachment 10860
I have a ceramic filter holder with large hole.... I use a gold fine mesh metal filter. They last a few years. Just empty and rinse