Price on Toper 10kg

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
What size grinder, what kind/brand of sealer, What kind/size bins and how much/variety of green coffee? Roaster alone not worth 15...but with everything dependent on my questions...might be worth it.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
What size grinder, what kind/brand of sealer, What kind/size bins and how much/variety of green coffee? Roaster alone not worth 15...but with everything dependent on my questions...might be worth it.

Yes, if she already have done the ground work, that is worth a lot more then just the roaster.
You will also get the other equipment(assuming coffee brewer, maybe espresso machine and others.)

You can buy machines cheap but you can't really buy business for price of roaster.

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Very true that it is dependant on what other items and value of these. Also the fact that you are in Alberta, not sure where, you have to take into account transport, duty,taxes install, permits etc. All must be taken into consideration. Brian

kerriannday

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello All, Here's my update almost 5 months later. I did purchase the Toper roaster and related equipment from the previous owner. It was a turnkey operation already in place and functional in a coffee shop that is now my landlord and best wholesale customer. Also, the previous owner passed along her roasting profiles and her customer list and continues to mentor me as required. I'm totally happy with my purchase and my little growing business. First week I sold 126 lbs, surpassing my projections. Customer feedback has been great and I'm having a ball. For the most part I'm sticking to her profiles and blends but as my confidence grows and I learn more and more I'm starting to play a bit and plan to make it more my own.
Looking forward to spending more time in the forum and learning from all you seasoned pros.

Bardo

May 13, 2013
Port Republic, MD
Visit site
Interesting. I am in exactly the same situation with a cafe owner. He has a successful cafe and roastery that he is selling. I'm not interested in the cafe, but would consider buying the roaster and renting space in the new owner's facility, while providing the coffee for the cafe. We'll see how that pans out, but its good to see that you have executed a similar plan and are happy with it! Best wishes for continued success.