Primo PRI 35 roaster for sale (2 of them) asking $8,000 each

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHcoffee

Jan 3, 2013
New Hampshire
Visit site
I have 2 Primo PRI 35 roasters for sale. each is a 35# roaster, 15 kilo. We are located about an hour north of Boston.

They are still used in production as we speak. We have roasted on them since new and know more about them than even the manufacturer. Great running roasters, just not efficient enough for some of the contrats we are bidding on.

We are in the process of upgrading to two new and larger roasters in another part of our building. We have taken delivery of the new roasters, have pwer and gas connected to them and still awaiting the venting to be installed. I point out that they are still running so that you can understand both of these can be seen running and roasting. They will not be taken off line until they are sold. You can visit, roast on them & speak with the man that has been roasting on them for the last 15 years +/-. We can show maintenance items & routines and what we have done to modify them to make them better. Most used roasters are not hooked up, are not capable of the test drive so to say...these are TEST DRIVE READY!

Both PRI 35 run well and will make a smaller roaster very happy for many years to come. The cost of labor costs me more than purchasing new equipment. So I can increase my volume by aquiring new larger roasters without adding any labor costs.

Both roasters are set to run on LPG but can easily be converted to natural gas. The black roaster is 220v and the red is 110v.

Email with any questions.

Attachments

• roasters 2.jpg
    roasters 2.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 1,580
  • red mod w black.jpg
    red mod w black.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 1,074

adamk2212

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi NH Coffee,

My name is Adam. I have been roasting for ~4 years now but have never posted on this site. Most of my posting takes place over at The Hot Pepper (chilihead and caffeine addict here!) but that is neither here nor there...

Anyways, your Primo's for sale have really caught my eye. I am only interested in one, ideally the black unit. May I PM you with additional questions?

Excited to hear from you.

-Adam

NHcoffee

Jan 3, 2013
New Hampshire
Visit site
Yes the roasters may be separated. I do have one standing offer for both roasters together, but the offer is below what I really want. Plenty of time to see what I can get for them. When I get to what I want, I will and can take a deposit to hold and secure one or both. But hey...first day listed online and plenty of interest!

It will still be about 60 days until we are 100% online with our new roasters which means 60 + days until I can really sell or release them. That being said, feel free to PM any questions.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I always thought Primo roasters are really pretty. I had one from my old store I sold for about 12,000 but they were only used few times.
Good Luck selling and hope to see some pictures of your new roasters.

Roasterjesse

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello NHCoffee. I am very interested in purchasing the red roaster and have the funding to purchase. Please PM me so i can get further details. Thank you

thai_jackson

Mar 5, 2014
Fargo, ND
Visit site
Hey NH,

Are either of these roasters still available?

If so:
What is the typical batch size that you would roast in these?
What are the minimum and maximum batches that you find you can roast with consistency?
Are there any "quarks" so to speak with either of these roasters that one would have to get used to coming from a Probat?

NHcoffee

Jan 3, 2013
New Hampshire
Visit site
Both roasters are still available. Yes they can be separated. I do have an offer for both units that was below my desired price. As I stated, I can afford to sit on them until the right price is offered so please stop with the lowball offers. I am not desperate for cash and I do not have to empty the space right away.

Our typical batch is approximately 35 #. Because of the design of the machines, consistency is never an issue. You set your temps and they will repeat all the time.

We have roasted as small as 10 # on them and have been told you can do smaller batches. When your roasting lower weights, your charge temps and thus your bottom temp will be different. You'll also need to watch your rise and curve temps and adjust accordingly.

We have used them in a production environment. It would be extremely rare for us to need a small roast.

Having never roasted on a probat, I can't answer that last question. From my knowledge, all roasters will act different. It is a matter of adjusting temps to your desired cup. Point and case...these are twins, not identical twins, they do operate and act very similar, even look similar, but in the end roast slightly different.

I hope this gives you the answers you were seeking. PM if you would like additional info or we can speak on the phone as well.

NHcoffee

Jan 3, 2013
New Hampshire
Visit site
Just as a follow up.

Black Primo PRI35 Roaster has been sold to a broker who in turn just sold it for $13,000!

Red Primo PRI35 Roaster is still available!
red5.jpgred4.jpg
$8,000

Roaster is still in operation and can be viewed in operation and roasting. Come see it and learn from the guy that has been roasting on it for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.