Problems with frother on Saeco Royal Professional

Rallyman

Feb 24, 2005
UK
Visit site
I have one of these machines, but it's developed an aversion to frothing. Press the Capuccino button, it goes through the motions and starts to send steam through the frother attachment. Half the time no milk is drawn up - indeed bubbles appear in the milk jug suggestion steam is being blown down the tube. The rest of the time, milk is drawn up the tube (fairly slowly), but it never gets into the frother - it just sits in the tube. I have cleaned everything several times. There is no sign of any split in the tube, nor the frother and all the seals in the frother seam to be intact. I have tried the froth control needle in all positions. There seems to be a very good of steam. What is happening and why isn't it frothing ? All ideas grateful received.

Gudespresso

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
Frother issues

I have 2 Saeco and have had these issues on both machines. What happens is the rubber O rings go bad (in my case around 4-6 months)and need to be replaced. I learned how to repair it my self but wouldnt advise you to do it. Did you notice water dripping outside the machine? The O rings for the espresso seem to last much longer.

suhavna

Mar 22, 2005
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Saeco, opened up the frother and the rubber ring (there's only one) looks ok. What is a sign of ring needing to be replaced?

Hoppielimp

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Rallyman, We have had this same problem. We bought new O-Rings etc...it did not help at all. Our previous rings were fine.

We have solved the problem with the machine not being able to draw the milk up the tube.

The problem, is the tiny hole in the frother, if you pull the frother off the coffee unit and look down the end. Trust me...it may look alright and it may look like a clear hole but even the slightest calcification / milk deposits WILL stop it functioning properly.

Get a paper clip (some have dimpled surfaces...these are the best) and push it through the tine hole and try and scrape the sides.

We have never looked back since. Hope this helps.

SFhenry

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
YES! You were right!!!

Just bought a used Royal Pro... only had 230 cups on it so I had a feeling it was going to be a good one. The Frother sidecar didn't froth as it was supposed to... I did what was recommended above and PERFECTO. Pull off the white unit, push a paperclip through and replace.

Rallyman, We have had this same problem. We bought new O-Rings etc...it did not help at all. Our previous rings were fine.

We have solved the problem with the machine not being able to draw the milk up the tube.

The problem, is the tiny hole in the frother, if you pull the frother off the coffee unit and look down the end. Trust me...it may look alright and it may look like a clear hole but even the slightest calcification / milk deposits WILL stop it functioning properly.

Get a paper clip (some have dimpled surfaces...these are the best) and push it through the tine hole and try and scrape the sides.

jasperwood

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Just bought a used Royal Pro... only had 230 cups on it so I had a feeling it was going to be a good one. The Frother sidecar didn't froth as it was supposed to... I did what was recommended above and PERFECTO. Pull off the white unit, push a paperclip through and replace.

Thank you, thank you!!!

I stuck a paperclip through the steam wand and it was like a miracle. I joined just to say thanks!!! Such a simple fix!!:decaf:

digger11

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site

Thanks Hoppie - been having problems with the Cappuccinatore in my Saeco Royal Capuccino - even took the whole thing apart and that didn't solve it.

Cleaned the Cappuccinatore and even soaked it - but still no good.

Pushed a paperclip through based on your advice and 100% as new !!!!

Thought the hole looked clear but obviously even a little bit of gunk stops it working

A big thanks !!!