Profle Question

Baugo

Nov 24, 2006
Visit site
Hey ElPug,
That was very informitive for me, thank you. I guess that I found my new supplier just in time for all of the roasting/cupping. He has cut my prices in half. :) Hey look is me after a day of cupping :-D LOL No really, I will start that, this week end Thank you.
I have a question for you/ or anyone for that matter. I have never taken the plunge into :shock: KONA, but I did get a sample. Any suggestions on level of roast?

ElPugDiablo

Baugo said:
Hey ElPug,
That was very informitive for me, thank you. I guess that I found my new supplier just in time for all of the roasting/cupping. He has cut my prices in half. :) Hey look is me after a day of cupping :-D LOL No really, I will start that, this week end Thank you.
I have a question for you/ or anyone for that matter. I have never taken the plunge into :shock: KONA, but I did get a sample. Any suggestions on level of roast?

Is this strictly sample roasting to check for defect? Or are you trying for the best roasting level for production? If it is former, you want to roast very light, but past first crack. At this level you can detect defect or lack thereof a lot easier than darker roasting level. If it is latter, then it's all up to you.