Question: About Thermoplan Espresso Machines

wowcoffee

Aug 9, 2008
Hawaii
Visit site
Reading through everyones post about the best commercial espresso machine. I notice no one is talking about Thermoplan machines Being a novice to coffee, is this a great machine (reliability, service, parts, etc..). I went on there website and they are saying:

1. Replacing and maintaining are simple, remove one of the 4 modules and it's done.

2. Starbucks uses these machines

3. Easily add additional units to the machine

How much does this machine cost, especially the parts to replace?

Correct me if I'm wrong, the Black and White machine is the commercial and the Tiger machine is the home use or can I use it for commercial as well.

Ipmcoffee

Feb 25, 2013
Alpha NJ
Visit site
The tiger machine is a low volume machine that has been used in a commercial environment here in America. Therefore, it has gotten a bad rap. Bunn o matic has discontinued the distribution. I have sold 7 of them to my customers and, although they performed well, they were not indestructible enough for America.
The black and white 1 machines are excellent, but also discontinued. In about a month the black and white 3 machines will be available through Bunn o matic and as a Bunn espresso service agent I am really looking forward to this. The modularity is such a great feature. Price is not set, but the black and white 1 listed for $16,900 many years ago. Hope that helps!

Ipmcoffee

Feb 25, 2013
Alpha NJ
Visit site
PLEASE DO NOT BUY THERMOPLAN VERISMO 801 MACHINES ON EBAY!!!
I'd like to post another warning about the Thermoplan Verismo 801 cts machines - listed as Starbucks machines - on eBay. Because we are a Thermoplan distributor, several times a month we receive emails from people asking for technical support, parts and manuals. This kills us because we and Thermoplan take the reliability of Thermoplan machines very seriously. Thermoplan truly produces the most reliable, high volume machines in the world and this is why Starbucks has chosen their machines for their retail locations.
The Thermoplan Verismo 801 is the original Thermoplan machine built for Starbucks back in about 1998. Since these 801's were machines exclusively built for Starbucks, and Starbucks has discontinued support for these machines almost 10 years, these machines have no support in America. These machines were to be deinstalled, disabled and returned to Starbucks. However, many have made their way onto eBay. Many adds claim that the machines are "like new" have "low shot counts" or have been "factory refurbished" but I'd like to make it clear that the factory and Starbucks have not supported these for many years. Even at a cost of $2000, a fraction of the new cost, they are most likely not going to be usable. What we find is this: many times machines are not properly packed, are damaged in shipping making them unusable. Often a buyer connects the machine and the software eprom Chip has been removed making the machine unusable. If the eprom Chip is still in the machine it starts up. Within days, brew chamber spindles squeak due to old grease, leaks develop due to stuck pistons and broken orings and the machine malfunctions. I performed a service call on a machine in NYC that was bought on eBay. It had no eprom, it leaked water and I found a mouse nest living within the machine. This machine was sold as a tested, working, refurbished machine by an eBay seller. Please do not spend your money on these old unsupported machines!
Greg
Ipm coffee

Cafeparts

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am Rudy from Cafeparts a leader in providing parts for all espresso machines and grinders. We still carry the non-startbucks eprom and sell this for $ 59.99 on our website, www.cafeparts.com. We also carry all the spare parts for the 801 / Black and White from Thermoplan. If you need manuals we also carry those. We have many years experience fixing these machines as we were the preferred service vendor in the Colorado area. If you need used modules, we also have many units left. We provide free technical support for all our customers, so if you decide to buy from us you will know where to find help solving any current or future problem.

tonhan

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
To all of my friend around the world,

Im have plan to buy Thermoplan Black&White 3 CTM1 cool machine from my friend but he lost of installation manual. I have some question:

1. In this version where is milk tray because Im not see the milk tray.
2. Can you give me copy of installation manual of Thermoplan Black&White 3 CTM1 cool ?

Im hope you can help me to answer my question.

Thank you