Question for coffee shop owners

G

Hi everyone,

I have a question for coffee shop owners. I import Italian products and will soon be importing espresso from one of Italy's most respected companies. I know most restaurants use pods which I will supply, but I am not sure about coffee houses. Do most of you make your espresso with pods or do you buy beans or ground espresso?

Thanks!

Mikeftrevino

Jul 31, 2003
Tucson, AZ
Visit site
High volume coffee shops could not get away with the pods.

Also any shop worth it's weight in coffee would not order ground coffee. If they are some what knowledgable, they'll know that whole beans stay fresher longer (weeks) than ground coffee (minutes, depending on the grind). A fresh cup equals happy customers who come back.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
I definately agree...Why would you take a short cut to making a fine cup of coffee. Your customers deserve to have the finest cup of coffee, especially from high quality beans. Mikeftrevino, you hit the nail on the head with your comments.

coffee d'vine

Oct 20, 2003
Indiana USA
Visit site
Suggestions Please!!

I am wanting to start a coffee shop. This has been a dream my wife and I have shared for awhile. My question is this, I am not exactly for sure where to start. I live in a small town, population approximately 30,000. And i believe the community would enjoy a gourmet coffee shop. A place where they could socialize with friends and unwind after a hard day. I guess I would just like suggestions. Any would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you,

Coffee d'Vine :wink:

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Dear coffee d'vine:

Many dream of the idea of starting something. The question is, are you really commited to doing it? That is the first question you have to ask yourself. To be straight forward, if you don't have the finances or can't acquire the finances to start, you are not ready. If you're only looking for information, you won't find many in the industry that are willing to give you something for nothing. My suggestion would be to go to the library and research as much as possible on your own. Only then will you get a realistic picture about the coffee industry. After spending a little time, then it will be worth the investment to contact a professional in the industry to help you get things established. I wouldn't look to the larger companies or chains for this type of assistance, simply because they can show you how successful they are, without any thought to helping you get started. Oh sure, they may razzle and dazzle you with their name recognition in the market, but will they assist you with creating your own idenity? Not usually. If you are serious about wanting to get into business then contact us directly, we specialize in start ups in this industry. We've assisted some in remote areas like Hoonan, AK and Binghampton, NY. By the way, we have an account (coffee house) in Indianpolis that does very well.

Email me directly or visit our website and determine if you want to start. We are here to help.

raven

Dec 15, 2003
GEORGIA
Visit site
HELLO,

I am starting a new coffee bean import service. I own a large coffee bean plantation in Southern Mexico. Its located high in the mountains in Chiapas. The beans are organically grown for the enviroment and hand dried and hand roasted. I think were only gonna ship whole beans to keep the aroma and flavor. I really need some feedback from coffee shop owners to tell me what they want as far a bean. I have access to as many pounds of dried beans as i can sell.