Questions for all types of coffee drinkers

jwpattavina

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone, I''m new here and I am trying to research coffee for a school project but I need to gather information from real coffee drinkers. Please answer as many questions from each category as you want. Thanks for any posting.

Frequent coffee drinkers
- What kind they buy
- What drives their purchasing decision/why they choose what they do: Price, Taste, Uniqueness
- Are they brand loyal

Seldom coffee drinkers
- What they like about coffee
- What kind or kinds do they get
- Why only seldom

Home Brewers (and this might fall into frequent coffee drinkers also)
- Favorite kind and why
- What other kinds have they considered
- What other kinds have they heard of
- Do you buy any specialty coffee

Coffee Shop
- What type of coffee do you prefer
- Do you prefer Franchises or traditional coffee houses
- What do you look for in a coffee shop

williamcthomas

Feb 15, 2008
Va
Visit site
I go to a Caribou Coffee shop almost every day. I like to relax and read the newspaper. I like their coffee better than Starbucks. They have free refills.The employees are friendly and they know my name.

At home I brew whatever was on sale- Maxwell House, Folgers, etc. I take it to work in a thermos.

Good luck on your project.

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
Home brewer

I like all kinds of coffee, I like a variety. That is why I roast my own. My favorite but too expensive would be Kona. After that I just tried a Venzuelan coffee that I really liked. I really haven't tried a coffee yet that I didn't like.

LoveJava

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Taste is the deciding factor on what we buy and that also means we try things that look a little different. I typically make my coffee at home and work (with a French press at work using beans I bring from home), but I do enjoy going to a coffee house to read a book or hang out with my husband. We prefer independent shops but sometimes when I want something sweet, I do venture into Starbucks for a pumpkin spice or white mocha latte (I have this forum to thank for reminding me how yummy the white mocha can be....)

Good luck on the project.

youronlinecoffee

Feb 27, 2012
San Francisco
Visit site
Cjevens, I will have to agree with you on this. It is a lot of questions all good with little response.
For myself, I use only fresh roasted coffee from Your Online Coffee I find our Fair Trade Coffee to be of fair price and excellent quality, Central American and African coffees give me the flavor profile I enjoy the most. Dark roasted and fresh.
I think that jlyon10 has the right idea if you have the time and the facility to roast small batches of coffee at home. You can not get any fresher