Rancilio Silva v6 vs rancilio Silva pro x

Keenan2118

Nov 26, 2022
Wisconsin
Visit site
I’m currently in the process of purchasing my first espresso machine.

I’ve narrowed it down to two options a rancilio v6 that I would fit with auber pid with pre infusion or a rancilio pro x. I am the only coffee drinker in the house and plan on strictly drinking oat milk cortados, americanos, and espresso shots

. I am just curious if a dual boiler machine would be overkill for maximum 2-3 drinks a day. Is it worth an extra $1,000 for a dual boiler system for one person use. I would prefer the process to be as smooth and quick as possible.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
The base Silvia does amazing at pulling shots... where it's 'OK' is the milk frothing. I had a 1st or 2nd gen Silvia which I added a PID and was very happy with it. Now, looking at a current price point of $1200... I think I would spend a bit more and get an HX or double boiler machine. I upgraded to the Rocket Apartmento and would never go back to a single boiler machine. It's rock solid for home use and steams night and day better than my Silvia. Looking at the Pro X price around $2K I probably tend to go with a HX like the Apartment or Quick Mill. Save your self a bit of cash over the dual boiler and for your application would be perfectly fine.