recipes

redmoose

Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
i am working for a new coffe house in my town. and they dont know alot. i would just like to know what you guys think would sell. like fav drinks and such.

~redmoose~

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Redmoose:

First of all what part of the country or world are you located? Secondly what is your experience? I'm curious to know since you claim the owners of your shop are not knowledgable about the business. It is their responsibility to know before opening their doors :evil: ...Although they are already open for business, I might suggest that you discuss getting them some consulting help.

redmoose

Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
thanks for the reply i live in oklahoma that is sort of the middle of the us. the shop is a pharmacy and it is like the old timey kinds with a soda fountin and such. they decided to do coffee drinks as well. they just know about the basic stuff like mochas and lattes. and thats about it. so i am working there and i know more than they do. but i always like to learn about new things. also the more i know the more hours i will get and such. so if you guys have any ideas that would be great.

~RedMoose~

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
so you are a coffee jerk? haha sorry couldn't help myself. The best thing to do is experiment...take your basic drinks and try different syrups...chocolate and mint....but the real trick is coming up with names...Like my elvis latte....or the populare nutty irishman(Irish cream flavor and hazelnut in a latte) Gooey Nut(carmel and hazelnut) for some reason that one didn't sell to well..

espressomaniac

Jul 8, 2004
Tacoma
Visit site
the basics

Just perfect the basics, if you can do that, and do it "correctly" then you are light years ahead of the competition. Something I've said from day one getting hard core into this industry, if I order an espresso that takes more then one comma, shoot me dead, lol...

choices are going to overwhelm your croud, yeah, play around with a "special" but your initial goal is selling the basics, and proving to people, a $3.00 cup of coffee is worth it if they are buying it from you.