Recommendations for a bean grinder

ovfitbob

Jan 11, 2021
Tucson
Visit site
A few years ago I bought the Baratza Virtuoso+ grinder based on recommendations from the forum.

The grind is now somewhat inconsistent and I thought about rebuilding it myself or sending it to Baratza for a rebuild but I think I'll give it to my son and he can use it.
in the meantime I'd like to buy a new bean grinder. I don't make espresso so I don't need one for that capability. Should I just stick with the Baratza again, or is there something comparable or better than the Virtuoso?
I think Baratza has upgraded or improved the burrs so maybe it's still a good decision to buy another one.
I'm even open to getting a manual grinder if there's a decent one.

Thanks

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
A few years ago I bought the Baratza Virtuoso+ grinder based on recommendations from the forum.

The grind is now somewhat inconsistent and I thought about rebuilding it myself or sending it to Baratza for a rebuild but I think I'll give it to my son and he can use it.
in the meantime I'd like to buy a new bean grinder. I don't make espresso so I don't need one for that capability. Should I just stick with the Baratza again, or is there something comparable or better than the Virtuoso?
I think Baratza has upgraded or improved the burrs so maybe it's still a good decision to buy another one.
I'm even open to getting a manual grinder if there's a decent one.

Thanks
Have you thoroughly cleaned it? I'm surprised you are getting inconsistency. There is a product on the market called Grindz by Urnex that does a fantastic job at cleaning oils off burrs (usually a problem). The next step up to consider is the new Turin grinders. A peer of mine is the US importer - I use one of the portion-controlled espresso grinders at home. https://www.espressooutlet.net/turin/

ovfitbob

Jan 11, 2021
Tucson
Visit site
Have you thoroughly cleaned it? I'm surprised you are getting inconsistency. There is a product on the market called Grindz by Urnex that does a fantastic job at cleaning oils off burrs (usually a problem). The next step up to consider is the new Turin grinders. A peer of mine is the US importer - I use one of the portion-controlled espresso grinders at home. https://www.espressooutlet.net/turin/