Recommended Logo Designer

Intimici

Apr 4, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

We already have a chosen name and logo for our coffee shop however we now need to put our idea onto paper. Could anyone recommended a logo/graphic designer that you have personally dealt with or have heard good reviews about them? As i mentioned earlier, i already know what logo, and how i want it, i just need it created.

Thanks a million! :grin:

TT.x

speckassassin

Jan 28, 2006
North Georgia
Visit site
Hi Intimici,

I have a local guy here in Atlanta that did my logo and coffee label. He is very talented and sharp - also somebody you can trust. I have known him for about 10 years.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll get his contact information for you.

morrisn

Mar 27, 2006
Visit site
I would look for a local graphic arts guy and if you look at some of his previous work you will get an idea of his capabilities. There are a lot of talented people out there.

rmeffert

Feb 19, 2007
Visit site
Cost of Logo designer

We are working with a few options for potential logo designers. So far the first quote for color and b/w version is $650. I know you pay for what you get - so is that a reasonable price (high/low)?

demetri

Jul 18, 2006
Winnipeg, MB
Visit site
You could post a job on eLance.com. You'll get quotes from around the world. I've used a few contractors through eLance and there is a good dispute mechanism if the work is bad (happened once).

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
$650 is cheap. It may be reflective of your specific market, or it is a "get what you pay for", only you can determine that by studying their portfolio and making your own assessment.

There are logo designers/graphic artist and there are graphic artist only.
A good logo should be left in the hand of the designer. Their experience with color, shape, overall concept design will trump what you can come up with on your own (unless that was/is your profession). If they cannot do a better job, then they are not worth paying for.
A logo should be simple, clean, work in BW and color equally well, and in different sizes. A good logo is not a "cool fancy drawing" ?
look at Coke, Apple, IBM, McDonalds, Delta, NBC...

Java Surfer

Feb 22, 2007
Fenwick Island, DE
Visit site
ELance

I'll chime in with Demetri, ELance is a great way to go. You get very competitive bids and can view the portfolios of the artists. A lot of the bidders will actually take the time to even do a quick mock-up of your design to see if they're on the right track. Payments are made through PayPal and everything is on the up and up. I think the guy who did my logo went by the name IdeaBrain. I can look and see if you are interested.
I ended up paying him around $450 for a logo and some T-Shirt designs.

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
Thanks to some of the suggestions from above, I am working with someone I found on elance! I was happy to receive as many bids as I did with lots of portfolios. I will be using them again in the future!

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
ok... So I need some advice. I have been working with this artist and the designs just are not popping out at me. We've been back and forth for a couple of weeks and tried different designs. I just don't know if this person is qualified or it its me. What should I do?