Recommended Refrigeration Manufacturer?????

jdandtracy

Sep 24, 2006
Colorado
Visit site
We are researching equipment for our shop and we understand that True is one of the best refrigeration manufacturers. Are there other manufacturers you would recommend? We saw a product by Cold Tech that would work for us, but we don't want to purchase less durable equipment...
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
JD

Jackson

Aug 22, 2006
Columbus, OH
Visit site
My two favorite brands of refridgerators are True and Beverage-air. I have worked in several restaurants that also used Delfield coolers with minimal problems. There are other brands that excel in different products. If you were looking for a high end open delicase, I would recommend Federal Industries. If you are looking for a walk-in cooler, I would recommend Kolpack. I never heard of Cold Tech, so I cannot comment on it, but I will tell you that the brands I mentioned have been around for a while, and are all top knoch companies.
I hope this helps you! :grin:

jdandtracy

Sep 24, 2006
Colorado
Visit site
Jackson said:
My two favorite brands of refridgerators are True and Beverage-air. I have worked in several restaurants that also used Delfield coolers with minimal problems. There are other brands that excel in different products. If you were looking for a high end open delicase, I would recommend Federal Industries. If you are looking for a walk-in cooler, I would recommend Kolpack. I never heard of Cold Tech, so I cannot comment on it, but I will tell you that the brands I mentioned have been around for a while, and are all top knoch companies.
I hope this helps you! :grin:

Thanks for your input! I knew that True was a reliable company, but I had not looked at products by Beverage-air. I will check them out!
JD

jdandtracy

Sep 24, 2006
Colorado
Visit site
I was able to do some side by side comparisons of True and Beverage Air equipment at a local restaurant supply house. Bev Air seems to be a little more, but the quality differences are visible. I will be going with the Bev Air components...
JD