Reliability of Saeco Incanto Superautomatics?

CarolineS

Apr 8, 2006
Visit site
I have just purchased a Saeco Incanto Classic. This is my first superautomatic. I live in Ontario, Canada and Saeco Ontario offers an extended warranty of either one or two years on this machine. I normally don't go for extended warranties but from researching superautomatics on the Net before buying, I've been left with the impression that some are "sensitive" and prone to problems....whether that impression is correct or not, I don't know.

The extended warranty is not cheap, $160.95 for one year and $241.45 for two years. Included in that warranty is annual maintenace by Saeco that includes cleaning and calibration of the grinder, professional descaling, maintenance of the brew group, testing unit for leaks, general cleaning and operation testing of the product and "much more" (no elaboration on what the "much more" is). The extended warranty covers all parts and labour and if they can't repair a problem, they will replace the machine.

I'd appreciate hearing about anyone's experience with the reliability of Saeco Incanto line. The extended warranty is not cheap so I could use some input to help me make up my mind. Thanks.

Parts Guru

Jan 1, 2005
Lansale, PA
Visit site
I have just purchased a Saeco Incanto Classic. This is my first superautomatic. I live in Ontario, Canada and Saeco Ontario offers an extended warranty of either one or two years on this machine. I normally don't go for extended warranties but from researching superautomatics on the Net before buying, I've been left with the impression that some are "sensitive" and prone to problems....whether that impression is correct or not, I don't know.

The extended warranty is not cheap, $160.95 for one year and $241.45 for two years. Included in that warranty is annual maintenace by Saeco that includes cleaning and calibration of the grinder, professional descaling, maintenance of the brew group, testing unit for leaks, general cleaning and operation testing of the product and "much more" (no elaboration on what the "much more" is). The extended warranty covers all parts and labour and if they can't repair a problem, they will replace the machine.

I'd appreciate hearing about anyone's experience with the reliability of Saeco Incanto line. The extended warranty is not cheap so I could use some input to help me make up my mind. Thanks.

I hope you have not purchased the Incanto sirius already.
It is an expensive machine with bad design. You will not have peace with its frother - a stupid design with 16 component parts that is not easy to assemble. The steafrother has limited movement side to side and back to front. These type of models bring a bad reputation to fully automatic machine.
Choose from the following, in order of cost from lower end to high end:

1- Spidem Trevi automatica $499
2- Spidem Trevi Digital $750
3- Syncrony Digital $795
4- Magic Deluxe redesigned $850
5- Magic Comfort plus Redesigned $1050.

Repairs under warranty can keep you without espresso for 6 to 8 weeks. Do not get carried away with warranty - extended or not.

Good luck