Replacing a Gaggia Baby

Kristinare

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking to replace my old trusted second hand Gaggia Baby after a pump breakdown. I believe this time the breakdown is finite.....
Replacement machine must be automatic, simple to clean and take apart for any potential part replacement. The simpler the build and design the better.
I would love the machine to be tall enough to fit a regular size mug for a quick machine-to-mug americano. Dont do latte.
Budget wise - ideally below £300. Would consider refurbished, second hand - I am UK based.

Your expert recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Since you said the machine needs to be manual I'd suggest a Cafelat Robot. They have gotten great reviews and seem to be favored among the lever machines. Another option is the La Pavoni Europicola. Another lever machine that gets great reviews and has the added benefit of making steam for frothing milk in case you want to make an occassional latte or cappuccino. Good luck.

Kristinare

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
Since you said the machine needs to be manual I'd suggest a Cafelat Robot. They have gotten great reviews and seem to be favored among the lever machines. Another option is the La Pavoni Europicola. Another lever machine that gets great reviews and has the added benefit of making steam for frothing milk in case you want to make an occassional latte or cappuccino. Good luck.

Thank you! Oh sorry, seems I made a mistake there, I didn't mean as manual as the robot. Something similar to the Gaggia, without all those fancy control panels and a million of buttons. I should say automatic?

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Thank you! Oh sorry, seems I made a mistake there, I didn't mean as manual as the robot. Something similar to the Gaggia, without all those fancy control panels and a million of buttons. I should say automatic?

I'm guessing you really mean semi-automatic. Your Gaggia Baby is semi-automatic. Why not go for the next step up and get a Gaggia Classic Pro. It's only a few quid more than your indicated max budget amount. It's a good machine.

Kristinare

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
I'm guessing you really mean semi-automatic. Your Gaggia Baby is semi-automatic. Why not go for the next step up and get a Gaggia Classic Pro. It's only a few quid more than your indicated max budget amount. It's a good machine.

Yes, exactly. I've had a look into various machines and it will be the Classic I am going for :)