Request: A Full 'Roast' tasting coffee, please...

erebusting

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I have always been interested in coffee, lately I have been trying several kinds -but I am no expert on the subject at all so I just select what sounds good...then one day someone bought me a cup of Roasted Mocha (I believe that was the name) coffee from starbucks...I really liked the 'roasted' taste and since then I have been looking for something of the like. I was hoping you all could recommend a roasted coffee which has a really noticeable full roasted flavor. Or maybe you could tell me what kind or brand of coffee would have such a flavor? Thank you very much, in advance.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

erebusting

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
BUMP!....a whole forum of coffee people and not one person can even make a comment ? Sorry to say, but I am a little disappointed ....

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "erebusting"

Welcome to the Coffee Forum website.

I'm sorry no one has posted an answer to your question. Please don't be discouraged. It seems that a lot of the active members of the forum haven't been visiting as much lately. We have slow times during the year, and this seems to be one of them.

Questions regarding asking for recommendations for coffee have been covered over and over again in this forum.

The past topics and postings are stored on this forum website.
Take a look at the top of your screen, and you will see a search box. You can do a search for topics that discuss coffee beans, flavors, etc.

Or you can look at the index page and explore the topics listed in the coffee bean or roasting sections. You will find lots of information there.

I discovered Papua New Guinea coffee beans through recommendations from this forum. I was looking for something similar in taste (but lower in price) to Jamacian Blue Mountain. I'm very happy with the Papua New Guinea coffee, and that's basically what I drink now-a-days.

Have fun exploring this forum.

Rose

C

coffeeloverlisa

I believe I can shed some light on your difficulty. You said two words that throw cold water on the specialty coffee community, like a mother-in-law bursting in on the honeymoon suite.

Starbucks
, which if you like that stuff, just go the store and pick another one the shelf. They all taste the same to us. Old, over roasted and commodity based money sucking retailers.

Mocha
, which is what you get a skating rink, gas station or donut shop. That is, unless the base is espresso or good coffee and then chocolate is added on purpose and with love.

Now, on the other hand, read through some posts and look at the bottom. Many contributors here sell GREAT COFFEE. Or go to some coffee review sites like

coffeecupnews.org

dailyshotofcoffee.com

and get some great recommendations!

Cheers!

erebusting

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I was just referencing the taste of the coffee so that if someone here has tasted it then they will know what kind of taste I am looking for. I was looking for a roasted flavored coffee, something you can smell as well as taste the roast taste. I would like something at a cheap price, but great tasting as well, it does not matter though as long as it has the taste I am looking for... I was wondering also, does a coffee press bring out the flavor more than a regular coffee brewing machine ? I wonder if that is what I am missing out on... I look forward to any other suggestions/ advices anyone may have here... thanks for your comments and hopefully I get some more feedback on this topic....

argie

Sep 7, 2007
Bedford, TX
Visit site
erebusting said:
I would like something at a cheap price, but great tasting as well, ... I was wondering also, does a coffee press bring out the flavor more than a regular coffee brewing machine ? I wonder if that is what I am missing out on...
Cheap and great tasting... hmmm, mutually excluding terms.

I've roasted my own beans for years, and I finally gave up and bought Starbucks whole been espresso roast... regardless of what the self-roasting fanatics told me here. It's quite dark, but there are no rules in taste.

For one, this roast it stands up to milk better than any other coffee I've tried, including the "gourmet" Europeans (which are stale by the time they get to the US anyway). With other roasts, the milk overpowers the coffee taste.

I use an espresso machine. Drip or press, I don't think you can get the same flavor and aroma from the coffee. And you shouldn't certainly buy ground coffee... ever...

George