RetailhomeGoods.com - Gourmet Coffee

Retail Home Goods

Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

We have over 150 origins, organic, decaf & flavored gourmet coffees for sale at www.retailhomegoods.com. All our prices include shipping to the continental US. Choice of whole bean or ground as well. They ship in 5 pound bags, perfect if you own a restaurant or coffee shop. We accept VISA, Mastercard & Paypal. Please take a look at our site and see if there is anything you are interested in. Thank you.

www.retailhomegoods.com
[email protected]

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
$28.45 for a pound of Kenya AA???

Funny how you can advertise FREE SHIPPING
on your site when it's built into the price of the coffee.

It's not FREE if the customer is paying for it....

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
No, but seriously back to topic, it seems a bit crafty to say "free shipping", when their price per pound is ten dollars above everyone else's.

I've no advertising or marketing background whatsoever, so this is only from a consumer's point of view...

Retail Home Goods

Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
Free Shipping Concerns

caffe biscotto said:
No, but seriously back to topic, it seems a bit crafty to say "free shipping", when their price per pound is ten dollars above everyone else's.

I've no advertising or marketing background whatsoever, so this is only from a consumer's point of view...

caffe biscotto, we appreciate your concerns regarding the shipping. But from a seller's point of view, it is much easier to account for the shipping in the price rather than setup shipping tables for each and every item for each and every zip code. To complicate matters, some of our suppliers use Fedex while others use UPS or USPS. We advertise free shipping so that customers don't think there will be another $8 on top of the price they see listed. We want it clear that the price they see is the price they will pay with no other charges.

BUT, you bring up a fair and valid point. Maybe we should say something like,"Shipping included in price" so as not to appear 'crafty' as you say. I'm not sure how to do so just yet though. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, are the overall prices fair or way too high? What could we do differently to make you want to purchase from us? Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

www.RetailHomeGoods.com
[email protected]

P.S. FYI - Our supplier is Fair Trade Certified

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
Price for Kenya AA

I wouldn't pay more than $18 for a pound of Kenya AA including the shipping. Also I saw on one sight if you order is more than $39 they pay the shipping.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello,

So.... it looks like a person who's ordering a couple pounds of coffee has to pay a huge shipping fee because the shipping cost is figured into the overall cost of ordering each pound of coffee. That's a huge turn-off to say the least!

I'd much rather see a reasonable price for the actual coffee listed on the web site, and then have a realistic cost of shipping calculated at the end. How hard is it to create a shipping table and/or calculate shipping costs based on the total order or by the actual weight?

The Essential Wonders web site offers free shipping, and they didn't inflate their prices so outrageously
http://www.essentialwonders.com/servlet ... Categories

You may want to rethink your strategy.

Rose

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Re: Free Shipping Concerns

Retail Home Goods said:
.... But from a seller's point of view, it is much easier to account for the shipping in the price rather than setup shipping tables for each and every item for each and every zip code.

I agree it is the easy way, to not have to figure the appropriate shipping rate with the many variables involved.

Now, if I can assume the Kenya AA price is $18.47 per pound and you're tacking on $10 for shipping that item, then I'm less likely to purchase more than a pound from you. Because, the first pound is what costs the most. To ship several one pound bags of coffee in one box to the same address won't cost you $10 per pound. It will only cost you a few dollars more than the first pound, to ship several.

Anyway, if I read FREE SHIPPING, I expect the coffee prices to be on par with what I'd pay elsewhere, that's my point.

Better to have a regional shipping system set up, I think. You'll never be spot on, but it will give and take a bit here & there.

Thanks for taking the time to read our posts and to reply to them.

Retail Home Goods

Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
Shipping Concerns

Caffe Biscotto and everyone else,

Thank you all for the constructive feedback, it's most appreciated. We'll have to take a good look at the current strategy and figure out a better way. Thanks again.

RetailHomeGoods.com

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Well thank you for being gracious and professional, to accept our critical feedback, though I realize you didn't even ask for it.

I'm sure there's tons we could learn from a company like yours.

Wishin' you the best with it...

ourcoffeebarn

Nov 8, 2004
Wisconsin
Visit site
Retail Home Goods,

Our site is linked via some really neat secure software to UPS and the USPS so they figure the cost and estimated delivery date DURING checkout and it gets added to the shopping cart too! I did this myself using Open Source code from OsCommerce.

And I also offer free shipping on 5 pound bags of roasted coffee.

Check out my site and I can give you more specific links if you want.