Review of Caribou Coffee - K Cups

This is my first post, lol. But I really want to do a review of these because it's my goto coffee and the source of my addiction :p

Aroma: 8/10
Notes: When the brewing finishes, I like to smell my coffees. I first tried Caribou a few months ago and when I smelled it, I was attacked by a beautiful scent of various berries and spices, it was fantastic. Wonderful aroma.

Body/Thickness: 8.5/10
Notes: This coffee has a very deep flavor (though I tend to add lots of sugar and cream, I did drink it straight off the brew and it was very thick.) when sugar and cream is added, a distinct berry/chocolate flavor comes out and it tastes fantastic.

Flavor: 9.5/10
Notes: As mentioned above, a distinct chocolate and berry flavor can be noticed in this brew. For a first time drinker, this flavor may be too abrasive and seem too strong, but once you get used to it, it's actually really really good.

Aftertaste: 9/10
Notes: After you taste the berries and chocolate when on your tongue, you can taste a sort of dark chocolate on the way down and if you really pay attention on the way down, you can still taste the berries.

Overall: 35/40

Fantastic coffee, I recommend it to anyone looking for a new coffee of choice or even a drink to have on a rainy day.

Cheers! :coffee:

nbsmith79

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Caribou has been Minnesota based company. Caribou is not part of Starbucks. Coffee has always been vastly different, with Caribou being much better in my opinion. Although Caribou Coffee was recently bought by a German company. I tried posting a link about the sale of Caribou, but I'm new to posting here. A quick Google about Caribou being sold will bring up plenty of results.

JRMobile

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Caribou coffee is far better than Starbucks. This coffee has an impressive flavor profile. It is juicy, sweet and just light which gives satisfaction every time I sip and drink Caribou.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I personally cant stand K cups. I get it...its convenient. But thats it...flavor wise it's not worth the convenience. What people also do not realize is you pay for that convenience! I did the math once and it comes out to 40 to 80 dollars a pound...just my 2 cents.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I had chance to taste K- cup(nespresso) Espresso base drink and I thought it wasn't too bad but I still agree with Topher, its way too expensive.... 65cents per cup can add up quickly.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
Sometimes perfect is the enemy of good.

When you value convenience and immediacy over the barely perceptible fine subtleties of great coffee, (6 am and your Uber is outside) Keurig is good. Not perfect, but good. Caribou Coffee, no more than 6 oz of water per K-cup: For when you can't wait for perfect.

Last edited: