reviews on Brugnetti commerica espresso machines

thebean

Dec 2, 2004
Visit site
Does anyone have one of these machines? looking for a 2 head reasonable machine for startup coffe shop. Saw a emerald city dealer that sells these and runs 3995 for a 2 head - anyone have any of these or used them. any help appreciated

everydaygourmet

Nov 15, 2004
Visit site
thebean said:
Does anyone have one of these machines? looking for a 2 head reasonable machine for startup coffe shop. Saw a emerald city dealer that sells these and runs 3995 for a 2 head - anyone have any of these or used them. any help appreciated

not to take anything away from any vendor out there, but why not look at a rebuilt/refurbished LaMarzocco Linea?

There are several sources out there now buying these off lease and rebuilding them. I bought one LM Linea 3 Group ($4200 delivered, installed, and training (fine tuning it also, so our coffee is just awesome) with a year of on sight warranty. (He's a regional dealer, but could sell you one I am sure)

The machines is just awesome, the double boiler system is just a no braine, and the LM styling is timeless, you know one of these as soon as you see em, and they are absolutely "The Standard"for tons of shops nationwide.

PM me if you want to discuss, or a need a referral. (I do not wish to commercialize this forum, and I have no ties to the company, just a customer)

just my 2 cents

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
If serving espresso is the primary source of income for your business, you may wish to find another place to skimp.

Off-brand and used machines each have their share of problems. With respect to the former, perhaps you should call around to a few other dealers than the one you mentioned and find out who else services these machines and carries parts. Not being familiar with them myself, I suspect that only one company imports a Brunetti and you will be tied to them (and whatever they charge for parts and service) for so long as you continue using it.

The used La Marzoccos have other problems. If the message above refers to the huge batch of machines that were liquidated from Starbucks, consider that substantial repair costs may be necessary just to return the system to working order. Beyond that, these systems are the most heavily used on the planet for the 5 or 10 years they were in service before Starbucks discarded them; even in a best case scenario, there's very little to no useable life remaining.

Your best investment for the long term savings of your business (both in repair costs, and minimal down-time) is to look at a new and fully warranteed La Marzocco, or one of the other known brand machines that has parts availability and a variety of service technicians from which to choose. Anything else may seem like a bargain by saving you a couple of thousand dollars today, but that bargain will only last until the first time your shop is closed and you are loosing income due to a machine failure.

everydaygourmet

Nov 15, 2004
Visit site
cafemakers said:
The used La Marzoccos have other problems. If the message above refers to the huge batch of machines that were liquidated from Starbucks, consider that substantial repair costs may be necessary just to return the system to working order. Beyond that, these systems are the most heavily used on the planet for the 5 or 10 years they were in service before Starbucks discarded them; even in a best case scenario, there's very little to no useable life remaining

These are very broad statements, and I suggest (obvious) you do your homework on any new or used machine. The particular machine I bough, was completely rebuilt, from top to bottom, new parts inside and out, and my machine looks and operates brand new, right down to a 1 year on site warranty.

I could have bought a used refurbished one, on the net all day long from 2300-3200 dollars...I instead went on reputation of the regional dealer, who does buy them wholesale, takes them down to the frame and replaces every part inside and out, right down to the boilers, so that he can guarantee them like they were new.

I did lots of home work, before making this decision, and ultimately that is what we as business owners have to do, because our machine IS our life, when it comes to this type of business.

so again, I say to the original poster- look into all your options, regardless of what the experts, consultants, and dealers may tell you.

Good luck

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
regardless of what the experts, consultants, and dealers may tell you.

Perhaps I should rephrase my response lest anyone misunderstand my motivation. Having reviewed the many options available, I have decided to install a new La Marzocco in my own new coffee shop, because I believe that it will be the most cost effective and efficient solution.

Others can take whatever advice they wish from my actions...

everydaygourmet

Nov 15, 2004
Visit site
cafemakers said:
regardless of what the experts, consultants, and dealers may tell you.

Perhaps I should rephrase my response lest anyone misunderstand my motivation. Having reviewed the many options available, I have decided to install a new La Marzocco in my own new coffee shop, because I believe that it will be the most cost effective and efficient solution.

Others can take whatever advice they wish from my actions...

That comment you quoted was NOT directed at you per se, if that is in fact the case. (I am new here and do not know you, if you are in fact are a dealer or consultant, I do apologize)

Having just went through the whole buying process.....and I looked at about every machine, from every angle, from every source there was on the internet. I was merely trying to offer advice with no strings attached or motivations to the original poster.

I hope I did not offend you....that was not my intention, no harm no foul? :)

take care all.

javac26

Aug 14, 2005
Washington State
Visit site
I realize this is an old thread but, wanted to let you know that the Brugnetti is a great machine....had one in my shop and it never failed to produce a great cup of coffee. It is a solidly built machine and needed only routine maintence...replacing gaskets, etc...

Chris Kay

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Providing you understand the cooling flush the Brugnetti is a great machine and like the poster before me said.. It makes wonderful coffee.

Geez there are alot of people interested in selling LMs.. great machines but not for everybody and most coffee machines make good coffee and are reliable these days.. (NEW)