Roast Logs

td

Feb 20, 2007
Clearwater, Fl
Visit site
Below is a link for a download for a manual roast log I developed while we were laying out our PC based data-logger. I tried to design it so that a roaster could more easily manage to manually collect data when profiling.

http://ambexroasters.com/downloads/pdf/ ... g_v1.1.pdf

Once you have a copy of it, you can make a transparency of your desired profile(s) and then overlay it on the next roast and try to stay on your profile track. I have already made one small change thanks to a suggestion by one of the roasters at retreat ( added the cupping notes section, Thanks Ric). This is a free, no strings attached download. All I ask is that if you make changes that you find to be helpful please share them with your roasting brothers and sisters.

Oh yeah, and buy me a beer once in awhile.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "td"

Thanks for posting the link to the roasting log that you created. It looks like it would be a very useful tool for the roasting pros as well as us present and future home roasting novices. (Yes, I'm talking about Mr. Cafe Biscotto again!).

Thanks again, "td"

I hope you have a great time at the Gulf Coast Roasters Gathering at the end of the month.

Rose

td

Feb 20, 2007
Clearwater, Fl
Visit site
Thanks Rose,
The meeting at the end of the month is open to anyone, so come on down. You do know that this event is taking place in the Phillies Spring Training facility. You could be playing softball under the same lights that the Phillies play under in the Spring- while they are playing in the World Series. Wow!

schein01

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I have an excel program that can be used to easily log roast profiles. it automatically timestamps any information entered and then separately logs the roast time i.e. if you enter "250" into the temp column it will stamp it at 4.32 pm and note that it occurred 7 minutes after the start of the roast. This was designed for use with a hottop that only has a fan and heat element control but could be modified for increased functions.

After the roast is completed the information can be graphed easily. If you use three data series when creating the chart you can graph the heat element changes and fan changes against the temp profile. After you create the chart go back and format the data series for the fan and element; put them on a secondary axis and it will lay out the graph much more attractively.

apparently, it is not possible to upload an excel file to this forum, but I can email to anyone who wants it.

Wlagran

Mar 8, 2022
Usa
Visit site
I have an excel program that can be used to easily log roast profiles. it automatically timestamps any information entered and then separately logs the roast time i.e. if you enter "250" into the temp column it will stamp it at 4.32 pm and note that it occurred 7 minutes after the start of the roast. This was designed for use with a hottop that only has a fan and heat element control but could be modified for increased functions.

After the roast is completed the information can be graphed easily. If you use three data series when creating the chart you can graph the heat element changes and fan changes against the temp profile. After you create the chart go back and format the data series for the fan and element; put them on a secondary axis and it will lay out the graph much more attractively.

apparently, it is not possible to upload an excel file to this forum, but I can email to anyone who wants it.
I am interested in the excel roasting log, could you share it with me?

thanks
Billy

[email protected]