Roaster Recommendation

boro brews

Jul 20, 2006
Georgia
Visit site
This is my first post, but I have been reading these boards for quite awhile now. I'm similar to many people who come on this board asking for help. I am starting a Coffee House in the downtown area of a Southeast Georgia town. I was recently in Atlanta for their retail Mart, and I met a potential roaster there. The name of the roaster's company was Coffee Masters. He was very helpful and appeared to know his stuff. I have checked out their website and they look pretty good. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this company. Any information would be welcomed. In addition, if there is another roaster in the Georgia area that you can recommend I would greatly appreciate that as well. Thanks and I look forward to your responses.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Personally I like the drum roasters...Ambex, Toper, Probat, Deidrich but to each their own...NW I thought you graduated to a larger roaster.

ElPugDiablo

boro brews said:
This is my first post, but I have been reading these boards for quite awhile now. I'm similar to many people who come on this board asking for help. I am starting a Coffee House in the downtown area of a Southeast Georgia town. I was recently in Atlanta for their retail Mart, and I met a potential roaster there. The name of the roaster's company was Coffee Masters. He was very helpful and appeared to know his stuff. I have checked out their website and they look pretty good. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this company. Any information would be welcomed. In addition, if there is another roaster in the Georgia area that you can recommend I would greatly appreciate that as well. Thanks and I look forward to your responses.

Isn't Coffee Masters out of Illinois? If you are looking for roasters in Georgia, just google coffee roaster Georgia. If you want to look in Southeast in general, our very own topher is in Boca Raton.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Yeah...What El P.D. said...Also, if this is your first experience in this industry, it is probably a good idea to find a local roaster near you to start your roasting. You are going to have enough issues to deal with just opening your coffee shop. After gaining more experience, then maybe look into roasting down the line. Can't say that I've ever heard of "Coffee Masters"...But why not give them a look?