Roasters In Florida?

Javamom

May 19, 2005
SW Florida
Visit site
west coast south of Sarasota.

I know there MUST be roasting companies, but I have not had success in finding any.

any names would be great. OR places that use the beans so I could flavor the coffee.

Little local places use Barney's coffee. It could be the water, but I am not a fan

I will have to have it shipped anyway so it doesnt matter really where it is.

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
Consider choosing an artisan roaster within a 2-3 day UPS range from your business; within that timeframe, coffee straight from the roaster is still emitting too many gasses from the roasting process and is unusable anyway.

You can find roasters of a more quality-focused nature through the Roasters' Guild member list at http://www.roastersguild.org/current_members.html or checkout Roast Magazine for articles and information geared to coffee roasters that will help you to build your knowledge base that will help you make your selection.

Regards,

Andrew

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Call Chris at Lattitudes. he is in Sarasota. I dont have his office number but here is a number to one of their shops...they should be able to get you their roasting office number....
Latitude 23.5 Coffee & Tea - 2820 Clark Road - 941-929-1616

Javamom

May 19, 2005
SW Florida
Visit site
This is too funny. I love latitudes and just found out the other day that they roast coffee and sell to stores. I called them the other day and when I am ready we will set up an account.

Small world!

BaristaTrainer

Oct 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Visit site
Javamom,

great if you found someone local! I am sure Topher's recommendation is a good one.

I read this a little late and was going to add that another good Florida roaster is http://www.ambexroasters.com ... I do agree that coffee is at its best 2-4 days after roasting and if you fall in love with a coffee outside of your area, don't rule it out.

You or anyone for that matter can feel also free to take advantage of the large searchable database on CoffeeUniverse as well:

http://www.coffeeuniverse.com/resource

- Matt

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
OMG!!! Matt you are sooo right..I am a complete ass!! Ambex..coming from the Tampa bay area...If you tell Terry I will...umm...I don't know...how but I buy you a drink in NC to keep you quiet? :oops: I always forget that they roast as well as sell roasters...here is there number. (727)442-2727....tell em Matt and ChrisTopher we sent ya! haha

Javamom

May 19, 2005
SW Florida
Visit site
Thank you!

I actually went to a little local place to check it out. She made me a latte when I asked for a cap. after explaining to the customer the difference HEHE

The drink was very good and I was about to ask her who her coffee person was (she was gabby with customers) the coffee guy walks in. I asked him he was local...he said no..I pressed on and he said they were out of Bradenton. I told him thats local!

So I am hopeful I will find a good roaster.

Anex is a roaster too?

anyone here roast? that seems like something to think about for the future.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Ambex is a roaster...call and ask for Brittney...she can get you info on a 2 kilo....these are really cool to have in a coffee shop...or better yet get the 5 kilo so you can have room for growth. As to who is roasters here...I am one of a few here.....best job in the world!!!!
here is a picture of one of Ambexs 60 kilo...
74932824_l.jpg

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Hey...you are going to be Jax on Sunday? No we do not have any shops...we are an online company...I am going to PM you my cell number...call me if you are in Jax and I will see if I can give you a tour of the raostery.
Topher