Roasting training

ElPugDiablo

If you are absolute new at roasting, there are a lot of information online that are freely available to you. All you have to do is to search. If you want to get your hand on a roaster and actually see a roaster in action, you can hang out at your local roastery; or you can take a seminar that many roaster makers have, some seminars charge a small fee, some don't; or you can go to a trainer that has classes to would be roaster, that cost about $1500 for a week not including hotel and airfare; or you can hire a consultant who will come to your place to get you started, that will set you back even more.

bruckgirma

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I have a little experience stove top roasting (my wife is an expert). But we are planning on getting a hottop or behmor. I have read a lot on roasting online. I appreciate the amount of info sweetmarias puts out there. Once we get the behmor or hottop, i'm sure we will figure it out through trial and error, but i figured it wouldn't hurt to go to some kind of training if it is available.

patrickbock

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Dietrich Coffee Roasters offer a free two day training program once a week at there main office in sands, Idaho. You can also join the Roasters Guild of SCAA. They have roasting camps every few months. Then there a few coffee schools that roasting classes. They also have roasting workshops at there trade shows every year. Are you looking at roasting as a profession or hobby? We have offices in Austin and San Antonio and are always looking for people passionate about coffee. If you looking for a career send an email to [email protected]