💵 For Sale SOLD - Rosco Mini Hand Grinder: $50

rudy

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

SOLD - For Sale is a Rosco Mini Hand Grinder. It has seen a few years of use but is still in excellent working condition. I will say that there is some coffee inside the cylinder as well as on the burrs which I tried my best but could not 100% remove (see images). I would recommend disassebly and a good soaking in vinegar or your favorite cleaning solution.

I can provide any extra pictures or close-ups upon request.

Price: $50 + shipping
or local pickup (Boston, MA)

Links:
Rosco Mini Hand Grinder
Review from Home-Barista

Note #1:
This is the original version which uses "loose" ball bearings. While this does allow for a deeper clean of the grinder (I use some food grade silicone as lube) it can be a little tedious putting all the little bearings back. The newer version uses sealed upper and lower bearings.

Note #2:
This model has the "Extended range" option which is now standard on all of the Rosco Mini hand grinders. By lengthening the threads which adjust the burrs, this "feature" allows the burrs to be separated far enough for say a french press. The original design intent of the grinder was espresso and the burrs will adjust all the way till they touch it you aren't mindful while adjusting.

PXL_20230415_214432714.jpg
PXL_20230415_214440532.jpg
PXL_20230415_214454405.jpg
PXL_20230415_214529050.jpg
PXL_20230415_214541858.jpg
PXL_20230415_215639838.jpg
PXL_20230415_215714778.jpg
PXL_20230415_215727847.jpg

edited to add "note #1" and "note #2".

Last edited:

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I tell ya... I don't 'need' another hand grinder as I consider my current one to be absolute top notch, but this is a bit tempting. Haven't used a Rosco, but have read nothing but great things on the devices they have made for years. GREAT price no doubt and awesome to see one mentioned.

rudy

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
This one was an upgrade from my Hario hand grinder. I can't say I have the developed coffee palette to notice the difference in the cup (I'm sure it was there), but just holding and using this thing is a different experience. I'm a sucker for low tech and thoughtful design and this hits both of those on the head.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
This one was an upgrade from my Hario hand grinder. I can't say I have the developed coffee palette to notice the difference in the cup (I'm sure it was there), but just holding and using this thing is a different experience. I'm a sucker for low tech and thoughtful design and this hits both of those on the head.
As with most conicals I'm sure it really shines on the finer end of the spectrum, something the Hario likely is really lacking. I've had a 'handful' of quality conical hand grinders over the last 15 yrs, but when I finally got the Helor 106 all others felt like child's play as the thing weighs around 4 lbs and no doubt it will last my lifetime and then some.

rudy

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that thing looks like a beast. I like that they have a picture of the"hand" grinder being driven by an electric drill 😄 .

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Wow, that thing looks like a beast. I like that they have a picture of the"hand" grinder being driven by an electric drill 😄 .
Yeah as it's basically a true hand held Mazzer Robur and intimidating to some based on perceived weight alone. The drill does OK as it still utilizes a 4:1 planetary gear reduction, but I find it quite tolerable to crank smoothly by hand. Currently use it 95% of the time and likely close to 100 lbs yearly.