Royal Saeco Cappuccino needs to ventilate.

DanS1

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help with ideas to get this machine going. The "Ventilate" message comes on immediately and remains after the initial "Warming up.." message at start-up. Symptoms are as follows,

1. Opening/turning steamer hot-water knob fully counter-clockwise and pressing the "Hot water" button provides hot water briefly.
2. Pump comes on briefly during the dispensing, always ~5 secs, when performing step 1 above. *

* Pump comes on briefly as it seems to be measuring an exact amount before stopping. By unplugging the water flow sensor at the control board and pressing the "Hot Water" button, the pump will run continuously, enough to fill a small soup bowl then stops (~45 secs?). The same measurements each time.

What I've tried and noticed so far,
1. Since this machine has 2 pumps, flow sensors, heaters, etc. I tried swapping the flow sensors at both the pump and control board ends. No changes were made with the problem. With the flow sensor plugged in I get the short ~5 second run on the pump suggesting the sensor is being "seen" by the controller. By unplugging the sensor from the board the pump runs a lot longer, about 45 seconds or so each and every time (thermal/temp. fuse on pump opening possibly?). Both flow sensors perform the same.
I found by inspecting these sensors that they can be opened with a twist for cleaning and inspection. Both of these were clean and free to rotate inside.
2. I did a close inspection of all tubes, hoses and fittings and found no leaks. Water was still filled in the hose from the water tank fitting down through the flow sensor and over to the pump input.
3. Since the pump appears to be working I just checked it over and left it in place. I measured its coil resistance for short/open and to compare with the other pump. The in-line fuse checked good.
4. I tried the "Prog. H. Water" by pressing the hot water button and holding it down for a while. No change and still get the short ~5 second pump run and water output no matter how long or short you press it.
5. I have no control over the central brew unit or coffee dispersing or grinder functions. I'm guessing this is due to being stuck in the "Ventilate" mode.
Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.
Regards,
Dan

amazon196969

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
saeco ventilate??

Hi Dan,
I am suffering the same ventilate issue you had with your machine and found your post trying to find a solution via search. I notice you have solved your problem and wondering if you would be kind enough to share how to fix this machines issue???
cheers n happy coffee drinking to you!!!

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help with ideas to get this machine going. The "Ventilate" message comes on immediately and remains after the initial "Warming up.." message at start-up. Symptoms are as follows,

1. Opening/turning steamer hot-water knob fully counter-clockwise and pressing the "Hot water" button provides hot water briefly.
2. Pump comes on briefly during the dispensing, always ~5 secs, when performing step 1 above. *

* Pump comes on briefly as it seems to be measuring an exact amount before stopping. By unplugging the water flow sensor at the control board and pressing the "Hot Water" button, the pump will run continuously, enough to fill a small soup bowl then stops (~45 secs?). The same measurements each time.

What I've tried and noticed so far,
1. Since this machine has 2 pumps, flow sensors, heaters, etc. I tried swapping the flow sensors at both the pump and control board ends. No changes were made with the problem. With the flow sensor plugged in I get the short ~5 second run on the pump suggesting the sensor is being "seen" by the controller. By unplugging the sensor from the board the pump runs a lot longer, about 45 seconds or so each and every time (thermal/temp. fuse on pump opening possibly?). Both flow sensors perform the same.
I found by inspecting these sensors that they can be opened with a twist for cleaning and inspection. Both of these were clean and free to rotate inside.
2. I did a close inspection of all tubes, hoses and fittings and found no leaks. Water was still filled in the hose from the water tank fitting down through the flow sensor and over to the pump input.
3. Since the pump appears to be working I just checked it over and left it in place. I measured its coil resistance for short/open and to compare with the other pump. The in-line fuse checked good.
4. I tried the "Prog. H. Water" by pressing the hot water button and holding it down for a while. No change and still get the short ~5 second pump run and water output no matter how long or short you press it.
5. I have no control over the central brew unit or coffee dispersing or grinder functions. I'm guessing this is due to being stuck in the "Ventilate" mode.
Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.
Regards,
Dan

DanS1

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to take so long in replying but had to go back and do some digging around for answers. That particular machine had major work/repairs done on it before when it was brought to me. Many of power transistors were removed (missing) along with it's circuit power transformer gone as well. After replacing all the missing components and getting the machine to the operating state I mentioned above (ventilate problem) I discovered one of the circuit board traces also removed that triggered one of these power transistors. Sorry I can't remember which transistor it was and what it controlled. I do remember that machine was butchered pretty bad and it came down to the control board trace/etching and solder joints restoration to get it going correctly again.
Dan