Saeco Coffee machine water tank empty

dino2dy

May 18, 2009
Visit site
I have a Saeco coffee machine and recently it started giving me an error message that my water tank is empty even when its full. So I took it apart, cleaned it with an air compressor put it back together still nothin. Tried Decalcify, which worked, the water was coming out in short bursts, but once it was done it was the same problem, whether i wanted to make tea or coffee the water tank was empty. I tried taking out the little magnet in the water tank and cleaned it as well but it didn't work. I hope you guys have some other ideas for this problem

stefano65

Aug 15, 2004
Elmira OR
Visit site
Could be a blockage on the flowmeter or boiler or any of the water circuit
could also be the sensor inside the machine behind the tank magnet
as much as I don't like super auto machines myself
the statement above is a little radical
I repair saecos an an average life is 5-8 years
of course considering maintenance and cleaning etc etc

Sep 3, 2008
Victor NY
Visit site
It could be the magnet is not still magnetized, try if you can another magnet and see if that fixes problem. Stefano as usual is right on as it could be a flow meter problem. Try descaling again. Sometimes if you have not descaled for a while it loosens scale which can get caught in flowmeter which controls a lot of operations in machine. It could also be magnet sensor.

Try using a magnet with water tank and see if that corrects error. If so you can then get another magnet just be careful when taking old one out as it has a clip or sometimes the clip on top of magnet holder is glued and you can crack housing if you are not careful.

Steve.Linda

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Solved using the three bears.

I have a Saeco coffee machine and recently it started giving me an error message that my water tank is empty even when its full. So I took it apart, cleaned it with an air compressor put it back together still nothin. Tried Decalcify, which worked, the water was coming out in short bursts, but once it was done it was the same problem, whether i wanted to make tea or coffee the water tank was empty. I tried taking out the little magnet in the water tank and cleaned it as well but it didn't work. I hope you guys have some other ideas for this problem

The three bears had a porridge that was to hot or to cold and just right. We found keeping the water in a pitcher with a lid produced room temperature water and it was just right to float the little manget. We have used this for the last 5 refills with no failures.:heart: