Saeco Incanto Sirius

joecricket

Jun 24, 2006
Visit site
I have been researching the Saeco Incanto Sirius (including all the posts I could find on this site), and debating whether to pony up the hefty price. It would be great to get recommendations (yay or nay) from current (or former) Sirius owners. Seems like overall moxed reviews, but I have not been able to come up with a better alternative in the superautomatic category, and I cannot afford the high end Jura Capresso machines. Any comments would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Bean Tech

Jun 28, 2006
Orlando,FL
Visit site
The saeco's and small juras work great for a couple of years but aren't meant for more then 50 cups a day. I've had with these machines but they eventually upgraded to the x-90 or the franke flair and they all require routine maintenance like any other machine, but the home models just couldn't hold up to moderate volume places. Now the jura commercial line could be another one to look at, such as the x-90 which will run you around 2500, x-7 4500, or the Franke flair would be around 4500.

ourcoffeebarn

Nov 8, 2004
Wisconsin
Visit site
I got a Saeco Easy that I am test driving right now. I got it as a return from a customer and I try all machines out that I can. This one really suprised us! It pulls a decent shot and steams and froths milk just fine. VERY convenient, just keep the bean hopper and water tank full, empty the drip tray and dregs box out when the machines tells you it's full, and one push of a button for a single, two for a double. The brew group is the same in all Saeco super autos and it looks extremely sturdy I would say that 2-3 years of home use before any wearing out should be easy.

Bean Tech

Jun 28, 2006
Orlando,FL
Visit site
Yeah the Saeco line makes a decent shot, but coming from a technician's point of view these machines tend to break more often then most. They have 6 to ten microswitches depending on the model and the first one that goes sits above the brew group where moisture gets into it. Then theres another one behind the firewall that senses the brew group position that sits right next to the drain funnels and if you don't take the back off to clean it out every 6-8 months, then you'll have to replace that switch as well. These machines are ok but I personally would rather buy a used x-90 or flair then a new saeco, but your hearing that from a technician who repairs 5p's, 7ps, traditonals and the home model Saeco units.