Saeco machines with North American outlets/power supply

carunnin

May 23, 2008
Visit site
Does any one know if I purchase a Saeco Talea Ring Plus from Germany if it will work with North American outlets and power supply?

Generally Eurpoean machines run either 220 or 230 volts, vs the US 110v. Manufacturers such as SAECO build seperate machines for the US market. A machine built for the US market can run on 220/230v using a "step-down" device (like a transformer) that reduces the inbound voltage to the device. However I think it would not work the other way around, when a machine designed to run on 230v was put onto 110v. My opinion on this is the inbound current would not be enough to run the electronic control systems and/or the element in the machine.

MCD

Dec 8, 2007
Visit site
Saeco Espresso Machine

Alun_evans is correct. However you could purchase a step up tranformer that converts 110 volts to 220 volts for around $100 with shipping. Make sure you purchase one that could handle about 1500 watts. The Seaco Espresso machine is rated at 1500 watts so you might even want to go a little higher. Anyway checkout www.voltage-converter-transformers.com for more info. Check with an expert here for a recommendation.

Modern Coffee Designs
www.moderncoffeedesigns.com