Saeco Magic Comfort+ ventilate - machine will not prime

Cameron

Jun 22, 2005
Visit site
Dear coffee lovers,

To say I am near desperation would understate the situation. I am living in Brunei where the only place to get a decent coffee is at my house. Further, there is no local service center available.

I have the ventilate message and cannot remove it by the usual method. I have tried running hot water and turning the steam knob in countless combinations without luck. Everything else, seems to be working. The hot water pump pumps. Steam works. Descaling works. But as soon as I try to make a cup of java the ventilate message returns.

I beseech anyone who understands the Saeco to help me in this time of need. What is going on with the machine and how do I fix it?

Many thanks and kind regards,
Cameron

Cameron

Jun 22, 2005
Visit site
Alun, thanks for the offer and very much appreciated. The machine was purchased in Singapore and is stll within waranty. If I have to send it anywhere I guess the best thing is to send it to the dealer in Singapore. What I am praying is that there is a simple fix and I can get an espresso right NOW! I'm dying here. I need help. Am I adicted? I asked my wife to buy a Krups today.

Cameron

Jun 22, 2005
Visit site
I don't know a single place apart from supermarkets where you can get fresh coffee beans. That doesn't mean there isn't though. We bring our coffee in from Thailand - the Lavita brand. I'd like to try your stuff.

Anyway I called Saeco in Singapore today. I was told to check the valve from the brew unit into the machine as a known weakness. Sure enough, I found a piece of it in the receptacle of the brew unit. It seems the plastic is weakened by heat and gets out of shape. So problem solved when we can get to Singapore to pick up a spare part.

Cameron

Jun 22, 2005
Visit site
how to fix it

A friend picked up the spare parts in Singapore:

9011.100 - S$15.00 - Perno x Valvola
9011.099 - S$4.00 - Cursor for boiler valve
NM01.035 x 2 - O-ring
NM01.057 x 1 - O-Ring

Replacing the Valvola is not trivial and it is recommended to have the dealer do it. We have no local service centre.

The top of the machine has to be removed. Undo two hidden screws at the front. Two star screws under the water reservoir. Two screws in the coffee bean container. Remove the plastic parts on the steam wand, the end unscrews. Carefully unclip and remove the plastic grinder setting lever. Unscrew retainer and remove the plastic dosage lever. I think that is all. Carefully remove the top and set next to the machine. No need to remove the heating plate wires.

Looking inside the machine you will be impressed with the complexity and you'll be happy at what you get for all the money.

Unscrew and move aside the steam wand assembly. Unscrew the two screws holding the boiler, from the side. Move the boiler to a position where you can get access to the valvola with a 17mm spanner. Tricky because of all the wires. Only very small shifts on the valvola can be made due to the lack of access. Remove the valvola. Take care because there is a small insert between the spring and the pin. Yes I dropped it inside the plastic housing and had to secure everything and turn the machine upside down to retrieve it. Assemble and screw in the new valvola. Tighten with the spanner.

Reassemble and voila, enjoy your esspresso.

The valvola seems to be a weak link. It is a tight fit into the receptacle on the brew unit. Hoping to prolong the life beyond 12 months I have smeared some olive oil on the O-rings to lubricate and make an easier fit.

terry1738

May 4, 2011
Visit site
ventilate problem

Good day Cameron I have the same problem with an s seriers, did you ever figure out how to fix your machine
Terry
Dear coffee lovers,

To say I am near desperation would understate the situation. I am living in Brunei where the only place to get a decent coffee is at my house. Further, there is no local service center available.

I have the ventilate message and cannot remove it by the usual method. I have tried running hot water and turning the steam knob in countless combinations without luck. Everything else, seems to be working. The hot water pump pumps. Steam works. Descaling works. But as soon as I try to make a cup of java the ventilate message returns.

I beseech anyone who understands the Saeco to help me in this time of need. What is going on with the machine and how do I fix it?

Many thanks and kind regards,
Cameron