Saeco Rio Vapore repair

coffebot

Dec 12, 2007
Visit site
My trusty companion of a decade is, perhaps, dying. Wires leading to the thermostats and heating element are melting. I replaced the boiler, thermostats and element, and I got 2 more weeks out of them. Nothing works now. Any ideas on what could be going bad? I have a boiler coming in the mail, I''d hate to burn up another.

coffebot

Dec 12, 2007
Visit site
Rio Vapore repair

So, I got a new boiler in and - bonus! all new wiring! Inside the machine, only the switches are original. Only problem now is steam only comes on for about 20 seconds and then peters out. It's not water flow, the light doesn't stay either. Is this maybe a bad thermostat?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
It could be but I couldn't really tell you. The closest thing that I can compare to is a Rancilio Silvia. I troubleshot one for a few days for a problem much like yours. Found out the steam switch faulty.

coffebot

Dec 12, 2007
Visit site
resolution

Well, I pulled the bottom off the old boiler and swapped it out.
There is a screw on the bottom that I can't budge but it is further in on the old one and now the pressure is almost perfect. I might say that this would be the place to start if you are looking to get a better cup off your Rio Vapore or similar machine.