saeco spidem villa

goldencloud

Apr 5, 2008
Visit site
I received a Saeco Spidem Villa as a gift. I am wondering if anybody has one these and has used it? The machine has many different settings but the manual gives no indication of how the drink will be altered by using different settings. This is my first espresso machine so it is all new to me.

The grinder has settings 0 - 18.

The doser appears to have settings 1 - 6.

There also appear to be settings for 6 different cup sizes, but the manual does not specify how many ounces each corresponds to.

If anybody has used this machine or a similar machine, I would sure appreciate some feedback about how altering the settings will change the sort of drink I end up with.

Thanks!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Sounds like the manual could be much more informative..... I have never used any super autos so can't help much on this one. I would suggest going to WholeLatteLove's website and look this thing up. There you can ask questions and gets lots of info from the people that use and sell them.

Also be sure to look in the "Tips and FAQ" area. Lots of useful info there that will probably answer most of your questions. Later!

goldencloud

Apr 5, 2008
Visit site
Shadow, thanks for your advice. I will make use of the forum you recommend.

Is the "tips and FAQ" area you are talking about located on this site or on the WholeLatteLove site?

I have not been able to locate it, so would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Sorry about that. I should've been more specific. Go to the WholeLatteLove site, look up your machine and you'll see the "Tips and FAQ" section there. There's lots of useful info on that site regarding using different machines, grinders, machine maintenance, etc. Look in the "Articles" section (I think that's the name). There's also a forum that offers good advice in case you don't get what you need on other forums. Later!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Sorry about that. I should've been more specific. Go to the WholeLatteLove site, look up your machine and you'll see the "Tips and FAQ" section there. There's lots of useful info on that site regarding using different machines, grinders, machine maintenance, etc. Look in the "Articles" section (I think that's the name). There's also a forum that offers good advice in case you don't get what you need on other forums. Later!