Sam/Jeff Phillips of Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlhamzy

May 30, 2004
Visit site
When purchasing pre-fab drive thru stands, be careful and check out the company thoroughly, if anyone has any info regarding the Phillips Brothers, please use Hotline number below:

W.A. Drew Edmondson, Attorney General - Oklahoma City, OK

Sapulpa Man Charged with eBay Fraud

10/19/2004
A Sapulpa man was charged today with three felony counts of violating the state’s Consumer Protection Act after using the Internet to defraud three consumers of almost $30,000, Attorney General Drew Edmondson said.

Samuel J. Phillips was charged today in Creek County District Court. Phillips is accused of accepting payment for trailers he sold on eBay but failing to deliver the products.

“After agreeing to a final selling price, Phillips told these consumers he required a 70 percent down payment to begin building the trailers,” Edmondson said. “The consumers sent Phillips the money, but they never got the trailers.”

Edmondson said today’s charges should serve as a reminder to be cautious when making Internet purchases.

“There are many reputable businesses operating on the Internet,” Edmondson said. “The problem with online purchasing is that in most cases, the buyer can’t put a human face on the seller. Consumers should try to get as much information about that person as possible. Requesting a large chunk of money before ‘beginning’ work on a product should also be a warning sign.”

Two of the consumers allegedly defrauded by Phillips are from Texas. The third consumer lives in California.

Phillips was charged after an investigation by the attorney general’s Consumer Protection Unit. Edmondson’s Consumer Protection Unit has statewide jurisdiction to investigate and prosecute violations of the state’s Consumer Protection Act. Anyone with information regarding suspected fraud or scams can contact the attorney general’s consumer protection hotline at (405) 521-2029.

tulsajeff

Jan 27, 2005
Sapulpa, OK
Visit site
tlhamzy said:
When purchasing pre-fab drive thru stands, be careful and check out the company thoroughly, if anyone has any info regarding the Phillips Brothers, please use Hotline number below:

W.A. Drew Edmondson, Attorney General - Oklahoma City, OK

Sapulpa Man Charged with eBay Fraud

10/19/2004
A Sapulpa man was charged today with three felony counts of violating the state’s Consumer Protection Act after using the Internet to defraud three consumers of almost $30,000, Attorney General Drew Edmondson said.

Samuel J. Phillips was charged today in Creek County District Court. Phillips is accused of accepting payment for trailers he sold on eBay but failing to deliver the products.

“After agreeing to a final selling price, Phillips told these consumers he required a 70 percent down payment to begin building the trailers,â€

tlhamzy

May 30, 2004
Visit site
get off the forum

Jeff, let your lawyers do their worst, I welcome a chance in court that I don't have to innitiate....ever heard of free speech? The facts suggest something different. AND Dawn Shepard? Turns out she's a relative of yours too. She will also be held accountable for her actions. There is a thing called "accessorry to fraud" and we will find out in a court of law whether you two are clear or not. This is not the forum for that. Everyone hears your cries of innocence....we've both presented our sides, so the good folks out there are aware of what can happen. Let's leave it alone now. Now, if you wanna talk about coffee or the coffee business, be my guest, but this is not the forum for your claims that have no basis in fact or chronology of events. I think everyone out there would agree that I have a right to be suspicous. And, again, I hope they are greatful for the sharing of MY STORY and the warning of what can happen with so called "references". We will update this drama as the events continue. Don't you think it's time you come clean about your Cousin Dawn Shepard? If you are truly innocent, then you should not cover for her.

tulsajeff

Jan 27, 2005
Sapulpa, OK
Visit site
Re: get off the forum

tlhamzy said:
Jeff, let your lawyers do their worst, I welcome a chance in court that I don't have to innitiate....ever heard of free speech? The facts suggest something different. AND Dawn Shepard? Turns out she's a relative of yours too. She will also be held accountable for her actions. There is a thing called "accessorry to fraud" and we will find out in a court of law whether you two are clear or not. This is not the forum for that. Everyone hears your cries of innocence....we've both presented our sides, so the good folks out there are aware of what can happen. Let's leave it alone now. Now, if you wanna talk about coffee or the coffee business, be my guest, but this is not the forum for your claims that have no basis in fact or chronology of events. I think everyone out there would agree that I have a right to be suspicous. And, again, I hope they are greatful for the sharing of MY STORY and the warning of what can happen with so called "references". We will update this drama as the events continue. Don't you think it's time you come clean about your Cousin Dawn Shepard? If you are truly innocent, then you should not cover for her.

First off... unless you are the board owner then I was not talking to you about the lawyer thing. The board owner is the one who will need to remove all references to my name.

I do have a sister named Dawn. It is definitely not Dawn Shepard though and it is most certainly not Dawn Phillips either.

She has been married and divorced several times from what I hear and I am not sure what her married name is at this time.. its hard to keep up when you are thousands of miles away(if you know what I mean)

Just an FYI... my attorney chuckled when I told her about the character reference and how you said you wanted me behind bars making license plates for being incorrect about a character reference.

She reassured me that a character reference can not be used against you in a court of law in any state. It is an opinion.

I gave a character reference based on my past experience, which happened to be good by the way. What caused my brother to lower his standards to the level of taking your money and not producing a product is beyond me. He had always done so well before... I suppose people change their way of thinking when they get in a bind and you get to see exactly what they are made of.

If he told you that he had a cousin by the name of Dawn Shepard then that was a point blank lie. I can assure you that there is no such cousin that I know of... and I think I would know.

I believe my sister was married to a Shepard guy for a few months...

If it means anything to you, I moved away from home to missouri at the age of 18 and have been back to visit maybe 4 times since then.
If I seem disconnected from my family that is why;-)

I know you are so suspicious about everything and what you do not understand or feel like believing you fill in the blanks with whatever sounds good to you.

I am just trying to help you understand my position a little better so maybe you will fill in the blanks a little more with the truth instead of something that sounds good but is actually untrue.

So let me ask you a question, Miss Hamzy: How long are you going to keep blaming everyone for your mistake? Ultimately it is you who sent a total stranger 7000 dollars. And let's pretend I was an immoral soul and knew that my brother was a scumbag and would never do what he said but would take your money and run, it is you who took a total strangers words as if it were law and gospel.

Now I find out that you possibly talked to my sister, a total stranger and took her word as well.

I am getting a clear message hear and I believe everyone else is also.

You should never do business with folks you do not know and have not researched. Getting character references from total strangers is not considered research by the way.

I would never ever ever send a total stranger 7000 dollars for any reason no matter how much I liked how they sounded or how nice they seemed over the phone.

It is just not good business practices.

Anyway folks... Do be careful who you do business with and be very wary if anyone asks you to send 7000 dollars before the product is even started.

Not good at all!

tlhamzy

May 30, 2004
Visit site
topher, Sam provided two strong references...I have found out that other victims did business without any references at all. My thought was, everyone has to start somewhere, maybe he's just starting out and doesn't have many references. I told Sam at that time if he did a good job for me and came thru, I would provide future references for him. I should have smelled a rat when he temporarily stopped communicating. He could only provide one reference at that time, and I couldn't get ahold of her, so I was gonna stop all dealings with him. Then Dawn called me, pretending to be a customer, making up things that I am finding are totally false.

Found out Sam had bought trailers, and stored them with a woman who ended up keeping a couple of them for rent payment. Sam never showed up for work. People ended up "taking" his trailers to try to recoup their losses. I have a beef with the previous victims, as well, who did not report their problems with Sam to the Better Business Bureau. When I checked with the BBB, they had no record of any complaints. I feel I did all I could within my ability at that time to find out if something wasn't right. I've gone beyond the call of duty to warn people, when nobody warned me. And we will find out the timelines of victims and compare them with the day Jeff called me to provide a reference for his brother. I don't think it's a stretch to draw the conclusion that my money went into his account the very next day for Web services provided to Sam, since Sam's site went up that very next day. Have you seen the claims on Sam's web site concessiontrailersUSA.com ? Claims to be an expert on concession stands, claims to have integrity. The photos on his site are not even stands he has built, but he ripped from other hard working people's sites. And guess who helped him, your pal and mine, Mr. Jeff Phillips. Now if you believe that Jeff wasn't aware of all this back in June, then I have a bridge I wanna sell ya. I really don't care what you think. But before you sling at me, know all the facts, judge not, lest yee be judged.

So, you see, Jeff had a vested interest in my wiring the money. Until Jeff can prove otherwise...I'm still gonna sing the same old song, whether his lawyer chuckles or not. He probably doesn't even have a lawyer, who can believe a word he says?

If you are going to contribute to this conversation with any value, instead of poking at me for trusting someone after two strong references....then, what's up with that? I hope you never fall victim to sweet talking southern boyz.

tlhamzy

May 30, 2004
Visit site
oh and Jeff, you moron, you don't have to keep using the "quote" button, you are just doubling my space and arguments on this site. Also, you can have your posts removed, but I have printed copies in my file....keep talking.... :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.