SCAA show 2008

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
a little more than 2 weeks away..just got my tickets...so excited!! So other than Mr Kessler who else is going? Steve I am going to pm my cell number (after I finish the next batch)so we can hook up at the show.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I still can't believe that out of all the people here no one except you and I are going...or maybe they don't want to hang out with us...I promise to shower :wink:

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Hey I said I would go about a month a go. Not really looking forward to driving in Minneapolis but I'll go. Still haven't booked a room yet. Probably will drive to the outskirts of town to get a cheaper room.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Well, a year has come and gone since we last saw them as they were. CCafe and Stevekessler, lead by Topher of Boca Java fame, drove up the rugged snow covered mountains of the upper midwest, a year ago this past week.......

As the story goes, the three met in this forum and quickly joined forces in search of the perfect gourmet coffee exhibition to attend. On the road trip, while chatting about their favorite coffees, they picked up a seemingly harmless hitchhiker, who led them into uncharted territory......... :shock:

They were kidnapped by a scary horde of unkempt cave dwellers, who cared not for Topher's desperate offerings of fresh roasted Kona beans, as the coffee beans had no value to them. No, these mountain men (if they were human) were absolutely content with their current supply of freeze-dried instant coffees. :shock:

Something happened on that weekend in the mountains that can't be explained. To this day, the three coffee enthusiasts that we all knew and loved won't talk about their experience, not even through private messaging. It's almost as if it never happened. But we know......... oh we know that something eerie and inhuman took place on that weekend, a year ago.

You see, upon returning from their journey, members of this forum soon became suspicious of their characters. Rumors of them being alien clones overflowed the forum members private message boxes.

We may never know, but we will be listening and reading their posts to hopefully detect any coded messages between them that may tell the true story behind that unusual coffee conference weekend trip........

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Just got home...left out last thursday and home on Monday..phew..what a trip. I am fried...Met Mr. Kessler(mr keen eye saw my company shirt) I would have called ccafe but my not so smart smartphone died on me. anywhoo...will speak of the show tomorrow..need rest(ask Steve what knd of state I was in when I saw him...sigh)

Alien abduction!

Oh my God!

Imagine our collective surprise and astonishment at the news that coffeeforums members had been abducted at the beginning of the SCAA show!

Little did we know until now that coffee roasters are actually portals to parallel galaxies. And we've been drinking their memory depleting serum unknowingly for all these years.

Oh sure, we blamed the coffee addiction on caffeine. Sure, that's why it helps us to wake up in the morning when we are sleeping. What we didn't realize is that the coffee was reconnecting us to the invaders from the "other world" by way of an invisible umbilical, by way of the coffee!

You roasters out there, you are really the alien captains of this world coffee revolution. Fess up! Finally the truth is out. SCAA means Scary Crazy Alien Argonauts.

How long did you think you could keep it from us?

Mako