Seeking online source for espresso beans.

jhawkinsvalrico

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I somewhat fell off the espresso bandwagon a couple of years ago and used to roast beans that I would source from SweetMarias. I recently decided to start pulling espresso shots again, pulled my old almost 20 year old LaPavoni out and discovered that it needs a major overhaul so I just purchased a new Rocket machine. I really no longer have an interest in roasting beans and wondered if I could find a good online source. I have tried finding someone local and so far no success. Any recommendations are welcomed. If someone knows of a local source around Tampa Florida, I'd appreciate any suggestions as well.

Thanks,
John.

jhawkinsvalrico

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Musicphan, I guess I need to study up on flavor profiles, but if I had to describe what I prefer mostly heavy body and bold, but not too bitter. I will be the first to admit that I may not be very sophisticated, just know what I like when I taste it, but I suppose just as with wine, I should learn to profile what I like. At this point I am interested in trying all sorts of beans. I typically enjoy espresso most of the time and an occasional latte after dinner every day.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I personally prefer a more chocolatey/darker roasted espresso for milk based drinks. You will see these tend to list Brazilian (or South American) beans as the base. For straight espresso I look for a more balanced or fruity blend - typically it will have Central American and African coffees in the blend. I have found espresso blends to be very subjective if you like/dislike and encourage you to keep trying denote which beans are being used as well as the process of coffee. Natural coffees will tend to be sweeter and fruitier, washed coffees crisp and bright.