Selling Coffee Beans?

San Salvador

Apr 24, 2006
Visit site
Hello!

I've been lurking around the forum for quite some time. I want to start a business selling coffee beans online. I understand that the competition is high and fierce.

I have gathered tons of information like, green coffee importers, prices, bags, shipping rates from most of the parcel services, packing materials and info on how to set up my website.

Here is my problem, now that I have this information, what do I do with it?
I am stumped on how to apprach the other half of my start up. I would like to hear from people that went through similar situations or any constructive criticism.

Is there a market for me? Am I too late in the game?
I have a passion for coffee, however I am also realistic.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey S.S.:

You are in the position of a lot of first time start ups. Gathering tons of info over a period of time, and then it's time to step up to the plate. Yes, it is very competitive on line. Do you plan to roast your own coffee and distribute on line, or do you plan to start an on line distribution and have a roaster drop ship for you? I might suggest the ladder in the beginning, then once you have built up a steady flow of customers and begin to make a profit, then you might look to do your own roasting and distribution. Roasting equipment and set ups are quite expensive. It can cost you in upwards of $100K just for the roaster, afterburner, packaging equipment, etc. That's a pretty large ticket to punch if you do not have the finances. We do a few private label projects with a number of businesses that resell on line. All have started small and began to grow slowly but surely. But keep in mind they don't have to worry about the roasting, packaging, and shipping because we do all of that for them.

If you are interested in doing the same to start off send me a pm and let's see if I might be able to assist you with getting off on the right foot.

Sharho

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi would you be able to give me more information on how to seel online thanks. Not sure if I am allowed to post my email details online

Sharho

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey S.S.:You are in the position of a lot of first time start ups. Gathering tons of info over a period of time, and then it's time to step up to the plate. Yes, it is very competitive on line. Do you plan to roast your own coffee and distribute on line, or do you plan to start an on line distribution and have a roaster drop ship for you? I might suggest the ladder in the beginning, then once you have built up a steady flow of customers and begin to make a profit, then you might look to do your own roasting and distribution. Roasting equipment and set ups are quite expensive. It can cost you in upwards of $100K just for the roaster, afterburner, packaging equipment, etc. That's a pretty large ticket to punch if you do not have the finances. We do a few private label projects with a number of businesses that resell on line. All have started small and began to grow slowly but surely. But keep in mind they don't have to worry about the roasting, packaging, and shipping because we do all of that for them. If you are interested in doing the same to start off send me a pm and let's see if I might be able to assist you with getting off on the right foot.
hi just inquiring about the post on selling coffee beans online through your packaging system thanks

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
That post is six years old. You might want to try and contact "Seattle Gourmet Coffee" directly for quicker results.

JCP

Oct 31, 2016
Chicao,IL,USA
Visit site
I'm want to start importing green coffee beans from a farmer in Colombia. Since you have gathered all this information, I was wondering if you had any luck so far. I live in Chicago, the plan is to have it transported to Chicago. My supplier is in Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, Colombia. How did you get the shipping rates, from which shipping company? And what mean of transportation have you researched? Air, ocean, freight?. I see your post is quite old. But, hopefully you reply to me soon. Better if you private message me. Thanks.

BrasilCafeImporters

Jun 21, 2016
Miami, Florida
Visit site
Coffee Logistics Provider | Import Specialty Green Coffee Beans

Hi JCP,

Indeed that post is really old, but it appears to be a good topic. In regards to your import logistics, how many bags of green coffee do you expect to purchase from your supplier in Colombia? A brief intro: We are Cafe Santa Monica, a specialty coffee farm located in Minas Gerais, Brazil. We specialize in 100% arabica specialty grade coffee green beans. Production levels: 5 million bags annually. In addition to our coffee distribution, we also handle Coffee Logistics for several coffee brokers. If you would like a quote for both the import logistics and freight costs, please pm me or https://cafesantamonicausa.com/

Santa Monica Cafe Gourmet Farm 2 RD.jpg Green Coffee.jpg

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hi JCP,

Indeed that post is really old, but it appears to be a good topic. In regards to your import logistics, how many bags of green coffee do you expect to purchase from your supplier in Colombia? A brief intro: We are Cafe Santa Monica, a specialty coffee farm located in Minas Gerais, Brazil. We specialize in 100% arabica specialty grade coffee green beans. Production levels: 5 million bags annually. In addition to our coffee distribution, we also handle Coffee Logistics for several coffee brokers. If you would like a quote for both the import logistics and freight costs, please pm me or https://cafesantamonicausa.com/

View attachment 7095 View attachment 7096
do you sell from Brazil to USA by container? or do you also sell your coffee from your Florida location?

BrasilCafeImporters

Jun 21, 2016
Miami, Florida
Visit site
Coffee Logistics Brazil USA

Hi Ensoluna,

Yes, we can spot coffee from both Miami or Minas Gerais, Brasil. Everything, however; depends on the order. For instance, how many bags of coffee are purchased etc. We sell by both FCL: Full-Container Loads and LCL: Loose Container Loads. Our coffee is usually reserved months in advance and distributed after it's been properly prepared for shipping. We offer our clients direct access to our coffee farm, meaning there are no middlemen. It's just two parties: (1) Our farm & (2) our clients. PM me for additional information

Santa Monica Conference.jpg

https://cafesantamonicausa.com

Attachments

• Cafe Santa Monica Productos 3.jpg
    Cafe Santa Monica Productos 3.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 221