Selling homemade cheesecake?

nicepants

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
Random question since I know some people who browse these forums own or run coffee shops.

I make homemade cheesecakes and from the reviews I've been getting, I'm betting they would sell very well in a coffeehouse. I don't want to run my own shop but I was thinking about approaching a few local coffee shops to see if they'd be interested in selling slices of my cheesecake. (Some already sell some desserts from a refrigerated case)

I guess my question is, do any of you who run your own shops do anything like that? I'm just wondering how to approach them, what kind of questions they will ask, etc so I can have all of my ducks in a row. I'll definitely bring some samples for them to try (one taste and they will be under my complete control....mwaahhaha).

Any suggestions/advice appreciated.

-Jason

DavesLT

Nov 6, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
Cheesecake

Most areas of the country require that food sold in commercial establishments be made in a licensed kitchen. In other words, the health department wants to make sure that the public is safe. You should first check and see what the local codes are.