Senseo Brewer Promotion - Getting an Error

Last week I got an invitation through coffee forums to take a survey to qualify me for a free Senseo (R) brewer. It took about 10 minutes - all the questions you'd expect for someone doing either market research on the brewers or looking for the people who generate buzz...

Today I got an e-mail notification that I had been selected, please follow a hyperlink and...
When you come to register, you will be asked to input the email address at which you received this invitation.

So far so good. But only that far. When I entered my e-mail (even by copying and pasting) the site returned an error.

That email address submitted not match any in our records. Please double-check that you typed the email address correctly. It must be typed exactly as it appears on your invitation email.

Has anyone else gotten this error and found a way past it?

Four e-mails from the Senseo people came within an hour of each other. The fourth one worked.

Rather intrusive - asking birthdate (day, month, year). With the stories of Veterans Admin lists being stolen, this isn't exactly giving me a great sense of comfort.

I hope the coffee is worth it. You can bet I will let you know now that they have raised the stakes.

morrisn

Mar 27, 2006
Visit site
If you read the fine print it does not guarantee you getting a system

Your mailing address information has been submitted. You will receive an automated email confirmation at the email address you provided upon entry.

Please allow 3-4 weeks for your Senseo® Coffee Pod System and kit items to arrive.

We appreciate your interest and hope that you and those you share Senseo® coffee with will enjoy our coffee machine. We look forward to reading your feedback.

Best,
The Share Senseo® Team

This is a limited time offer and is open to US residents only. Program ends January 6, 2007 or while supplies last. Completing this questionnaire does not guarantee the participant a Senseo® Coffee Pod System. One automated email confirming completion of this questionnaire will be sent to the participant. One additional email will be sent approximately 2-4 weeks after questionnaire is completed to notify the participant whether he or she is eligible to receive a Senseo® coffee machine.

Mizuno

Dec 23, 2003
Visit site
I got the follow-up email to where it asked my name and where to send the unit. They're going to need to know where to send it right..lol but the birthday question I didn't like so I submitted a bogus one..c'mon guys..just because they ask doesn't mean it has to be your own..

Mine went through..no prob.

demetri

Jul 18, 2006
Winnipeg, MB
Visit site
I always give as much false information as possible when it comes to personal questions.

The Senseo people did promise that the first 500 people to fill out the survey from CoffeeForums.com would be getting a free machine. They haven't given me any numbers yet so I'm not sure how far along we are at fullfilling this quota. It's troublesome that the link didn't work for some people.

Caffe Latte

May 10, 2004
New York City
Visit site
I haven't had a problem with the survey or the emails. It's also pretty easy to guess to the answers they are looking for. People who will tell many people etc etc.

I will allegedly be getting the system in 3-4 weeks. we shall see I guess.