Senseo Coffee Pods

Cinnamon Kitty

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone! I am not a coffee drinker, but my mother loves her coffee so we got her a Senseo coffee maker for Christmas. It is one of the pod style things that make one or two cups of coffee at a time. I know it is not the best way to make coffee, but it works greet for her so she can make one cup without making an entire pot and having it go to waste. She's not the type of person to fresh grind the beans or use anything beyond her drip coffee maker, which may seem like blasphemy to you all, but that is how she works. We found four different types of the pods that go with the Senseo at the local Wegmans grocery store and a few others on Amazon. Dad found other sites that sell the pods, but isn't sure which sites are legitimate or not. If anyone is familiar with the Senseo coffee pods, I would like some recommendations as to various sites where we could purchase them, preferably ones that people have had good experiences with previously. Thanks in advance for your help!

omegapd

Sep 4, 2008
Deep South, GA
Visit site
Places like E-bay also sell "re-fillable" pods. They're plastic and you can add your own coffee to them instead of being stuck with just the Senseo line. A search for Senseo pods or something like that should bring it up.

EW

omegapd

Sep 4, 2008
Deep South, GA
Visit site
Yeah Jim,

They surprisingly hold up really well too. I've had a Senseo I've used for the last 4 years or so (off and on) and found the pods right after I got the machine as a Christmas gift. They were about 14 bucks for a pack of two and both haven't fallen apart yet. I've used them to filter tea also. I'm glad I found them because I hated the Senseo line of coffee and at the time, the only other pods that worked were Folgers and they were just as bad...

EW

Cinnamon Kitty

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the advice! We found another flavor at Wal-mart and Dad found a place online where he could get a whole bunch of different flavors of the pods. I will definitely look into getting them the refillable pods, though trying to get them to roast their own coffee and grind just enough for one pot at a time might take a bit longer to convince them it is worth doing.

leancrayon1

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I believe starbucks has recently started selling their coffee roasts in pre-packaged pods as well. You can now turn to them for more flavors and roasts than senseo offers you.