Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manual

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Beanhead

Feb 26, 2004
Boston, MA
Visit site
Can anyone offer an opinion on Ambex coffee roasters vs. Diedrich ? I was thinking of buying (investing :-D ) in a Diedrich, then I came across Ambex in FL for a lot less cash. My Dad always said you get what you pay for, but the frugal business man in me can't resist a bargain.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Ambex rock!! I have been roasting around 11 years....I have used Diedrich, Royal, Probat, and Ambex. I learned on a Diedrich and if you want you can pm me with any questions. I am currently using a probat and will have to say it is a work horse. I have used several different ambex roasters aslo....I roasted on a 5 kilo ambex for 2 locations..and some whole sale accounts....I used a 15 kilo at another location...I think the least amount I roasted on it(batch wise) was some where around 6 lbs! The next place I roast is going to use a 30 kilo ambex to start and a 2.2 kilo for samples..anyway if you have any questions drop me a line.
Topher

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
I've never roasted on an Ambex. Have on Jarvis, and now a Diedrich. I did look at the Ambex and several others, but felt that the Diedrich in my opinion was worth the investment. I also felt when testing how solid each machine was, I found that the Diedrich was a lot more solid that the Ambex in it's construction. So I would have to say, we are very happy with this choice. I'd say go with the Diedrich.

wantcoffee

Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
Can you guys tell me how can find hot-air roaster for larger capacity at least 2kg per patch? I have searching the intenet and found that most hot-air roasters are for home users only with low capacity. Since I am going to open a coffeeshop, I am looking for larger one?

Thanks

JP

Mar 23, 2004
Visit site
I'm a little surprised. But hey, you're always helping someone to "wake up and smell the beans." Maybe you can't help yourself.

John

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
ello short...so you going to roast? Damn there sure alot of aussies here! Its funny cuz about 5 or 6 years ago I wanted to go over and open a roastery... :wink:

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
The last time I was in your lovely country, namely...Darwin, Townsend, Sidney, and a few other locations there, all we did was slammed down pints and got pretty pissed most of the time :wink: I didn't know that you guys drank coffee too...Well what do us Yanks know :shock: In any case welcome aboard...

ksbell

Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
Topher:
You mentioned "monster" in your post above.........I'm new here, be nice!.....what is that?

I am looking for a home roaster.......can you find them used other than ebay? They still seem expensive!

Kim in TN

Hey Kim in TN...welcome aboard. Topher was refering to monstercoffee.com I assume. Most of us are drum roasters...not hot air roasters...there are 000+1 reasons why we all love the drum roasters.... there are some intersting debates on the hot air vs drum roaster around here somewhere posted just last week I think.